Pellets won't drop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi526

Sep 24, 2014
Bonney Lake WA
My husband set a table top fountain on top of the pellet stove. Water was spilled over the top and down into the pellet storage area. The pellets inside soaked up the water and although he cleaned the unit as best he could no pellets are dropping. I'm thinking there is a mess of soaked and dried pellets in the feed tube between the bottom and the fan.

Any suggestions on how to clean that area out?

Soon to be cold wife!
Debi

Does the auger spin?

My husband set a table top fountain on top of the pellet stove. Water was spilled over the top and down into the pellet storage area. The pellets inside soaked up the water and although he cleaned the unit as best he could no pellets are dropping. I'm thinking there is a mess of soaked and dried pellets in the feed tube between the bottom and the fan.

Any suggestions on how to clean that area out?

Soon to be cold wife!
Debi
Some pellet stoves have dual auger systems and some have gates that open and shut etc. What make and model is your stove ? But yes you could have swollen pellets clogging up the works. A good shot of compressed air blown in from various points could help dislodge some of the mess but if gates are frozen shut or rusted that's another matter. How long ago did the spill occur, I mean like yesterday or a month ago ?

A coat hanger threaded through the auger may help but as there are different feed systems we need to know the stove make and model.

What ever the make and model, you're going to have to learn how to pull out the auger(s). Most likely they are full of mush in various states of hardness.

What ever the make and model, you're going to have to learn how to pull out the auger(s). Most likely they are full of mush in various states of hardness.

Take the augers out and clean!

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.