PelletSales changing names

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkabranc

Minister of Fire
Oct 23, 2007
South Coast MA
just got an email from them-

They are changing their name and site from Pelletsales.com to WoodPellets.com

They have 11 million reasons to change.....rumor has it they bought the website name for $100k.....
http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/news/article/2009/09/woodpellets-com-nets-us-11m-in-funding[/quote]

On WMUR, Chanel 9 news this morning, they did a short story about a Goffstown NH pellet distributor receiving some kind of financial boost and that they would be growing and hiring more workers. When they mentioned the website as being woodpellets.com, the first thing I did was check it out and thought...this looks just like pelletsales.com. Nothing about a buyout or simple name change was mentioned in the story.

gbreda said:
On WMUR, Chanel 9 news this morning, they did a short story about a Goffstown NH pellet distributor receiving some kind of financial boost and that they would be growing and hiring more workers. When they mentioned the website as being woodpellets.com, the first thing I did was check it out and thought...this looks just like pelletsales.com. Nothing about the buyout or name change was mentioned in the story.

:red: DOH !!!! Just looked again and sure enough it states the change in smaller (not tiny, just smaller) print at the top of the web page. I can be distracted by shiney objects too....ooooo, shiney :cheese:

Can't help but be suspicious any time a company changes its name, seems like it's gotta be some sorta scam. Like the "new" GM isn't responsible for any legal issues the "old" GM ends up with. Is this the same guys that burnt everybody so bad last year? I can't remember, wasn't involved. Maybe they got some of Obama's bailout money.

hossthehermit said:
Can't help but be suspicious any time a company changes its name, seems like it's gotta be some sorta scam. Like the "new" GM isn't responsible for any legal issues the "old" GM ends up with. Is this the same guys that burnt everybody so bad last year? I can't remember, wasn't involved. Maybe they got some of Obama's bailout money.

Hmmm! Personally I haven't heard any grumblings about them. All good reviews AFAIK.

Anyone hear any bad sales???

hossthehermit said:
....Is this the same guys that burnt everybody so bad last year? I can't remember, wasn't involved. Maybe they got some of Obama's bailout money.

The thugs from CT that scammed alot of people out of pellets last year are a completely
different animal.

I have purchased from pelletsales before and highly recommend them.

hossthehermit said:
........I can't remember, wasn't involved. Maybe they got some of Obama's bailout money.

Watch it Hoss......if you bring up anything bad about "O" on this forum, you'll get it sent to the AshCan...... :zip:

Just saw it too... I actually assumed it was a business decision.

PelletSales.com associates them with YOUR money.... they are focused on sales.

WoodPellets.com is more focused on the product... We're a site about Wood Pellets... oh and by the way, you can buy them here too.

I think it was purely a marketing move. And I agree with the above... only positive experiences with them. I recommend them highly.

I dont know about the name change, but I have seen the price of the Pellets I bought back in June is now $10 a Ton Cheaper. So much for Early Bird gets the Worm.

gotta figure the newbie who just got his stove, or doesn't have special pricing from his stove dealer anymore, and who doesn't know about this site, will google "wood pellets" gues what comes up at the top of the list, just like all the car parts dealers etc. in the phone book who just happen to have the name acme, alpha, advance etc. they get listed first so get called first, and can save money on the page ads.

tinkabranc said:
hossthehermit said:
....Is this the same guys that burnt everybody so bad last year? I can't remember, wasn't involved. Maybe they got some of Obama's bailout money.

The thugs from CT that scammed alot of people out of pellets last year are a completely
different animal.

I have purchased from pelletsales before and highly recommend them.

And I think here we have the reason for the name change - to make sure that their name is easy to differantiate from their competitors.

So,------------ how come the ad at the top of this page is still PELLETSALES.COM???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Just wonderin'

I dunno, but I got a real bad vibe from them. They had a vendor space at a fair, so stopped to chat. They repeatedly argued with me about how I DO NOT want to cash-and-carry with them and how if i pre-pay they'll drop them in my driveway, blah,blah,blah. Over and over..... its much better for us to deliver for $XXX. No point in you coming to get them, wonk,wonk,wonk. We'll just bring them to your door, yadda,yadda,yadda. Their salesperson all but forbid me to go to their facility (assuming they have one) to pay in cash and pick up my pellets.

I don't believe I'll be spending my money with them, whatever their name is now. I did take a free pen though.

Ductape said:
......They repeatedly argued with me about how I DO NOT want to cash-and-carry with them and how if i pre-pay they'll drop them in my driveway.............Their salesperson all but forbid me to go to their facility (assuming they have one) to pay in cash and pick up my pellets..............

Interesting..... back in April when I contacted them about going to pick the pellets up myself, they didn't have any problem with it at all. 8-/

My guess is, they make more per ton on the delivery charge than they do on the ton of pellets. Literally, they did NOT want me to drive to their facility to pay cash and drive away with my pellets. Good luck to them.

When I purchased from them last year they gave me the option of pickup at a local
distribution whse OR delivery.

Residental Delivery is a huge selling feature for them and is one of the reasons
they are growing so fast. Cannot beat their customer service either.

tinkabranc said:
When I purchased from them last year they gave me the option of pickup at a local
distribution whse OR delivery.

Residental Delivery is a huge selling feature for them and is one of the reasons
they are growing so fast. Cannot beat their customer service either.
Same here they gave me the option to pick up my self but warehouse was to far just had them deliver no problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.