Pelletsales.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Patriot

Jan 19, 2007
Southeastern Mass
Anyone in New England order their pellets through pelletsales.com? Just curious about anyone's experience with them. I've gotten a quote for New England Premium Canadian for $269 per ton delivered to the Attleboro, Massachusetts area for 2 tons. I'm in the process of checking a 4 ton quote to see how much the delivery charge drops.

Bottom line, even at $269 per ton delivered, it's a good price. My local dealers sells the same pellet for $269 to $279 without delivery.

Also, anyone else in the Attleboro area? I'd be interested in seeing a bulk quote with multiple delivery points. They do allow for more than one delivery location.

Go to your local walmart

The one where I live is $168 a ton loaded on my truck.
$672 for 4 tons

homefire said:
Go to your local walmart

The one where I live is $168 a ton loaded on my truck.

Yeah maybe in your neck of the woods,
but here in Massachusetts pellets are
currently $247 a ton at the Walmart stores.

Webmaster said:
Nothing like a delivered price to save some driving and your back!

PS.com should be competitive with just about everyone except the occasional overstock or wal-mart having to get rid of stuff.

Amen to that. Plus I have to make two trips per ton with the minivan.

I also bought a ton at the Auburn NY Walmart for $168 (plus 4% energy tax). So far been burning ok in my Quadrafire.

elkimmeg said:
Tony have you checked Fiernstien's in Foxboro

I haven't. Kirley Masonry has the New England Canadian at $279. Do you know what Fiernstien's prices are?

FYI, if I order 4 tons via Pelletsales.com, the delivery charge drops to $20 per ton, so $259 per ton including delivery.

tonybertino said:
elkimmeg said:
Tony have you checked Fiernstien's in Foxboro

I haven't. Kirley Masonry has the New England Canadian at $279. Do you know what Fiernstien's prices are?

FYI, if I order 4 tons via Pelletsales.com, the delivery charge drops to $20 per ton, so $259 per ton including delivery.

Two weeks ago, Ferestiens had $265 / ton + $10 delivery for the first ton/ +$5 for each ton after that.
(508-543-3613)

Eastern Ice has $250 / ton for pickup, +$40/$20 for delivery (508-588-0611)

Elk, it's good to see that some things don't change: your spelling is still horrible. :)

Elk, it’s good to see that some things don’t change: your spelling is still horrible. smile

If I spelled everything correctly people would not listen and figured I had an identity theaf s(sp wink wink)

BTW Gilmore's in Walpole also sells pellets

Tony if you have a chance check out S Atteboro Home cheapo fro stove inventory and pricing. then i need to check the mansfield stove

I called the Home Depot in Mansfield recently and they were $279 per ton. And I don't think they have great pellets. The Mansfield store is actually closer to me. I live near the NA/Mansfield line.

I just got a ton of NEWP (Jaffrey blend) for $249.
Also NEWP has an incentive program going on right now Send in your recipt for a ton and get a $10 or $15 voucher off your next ton....... That would put my next at $239 assuming the prices don't drop even more..

Hey Driz. Can you add your locale to the avatar?

I hope everyone is updating the pellet pricing wiki....

I will give it a shot. For some reason I thought it was on there, I guess I should look at what I write sometimes right. Wow you guys in Mass have it tax and price rough. I thought NY was the only armpit of civilization left unless you are a hobo. Strange though. The official tax situation is Quebec followed closely by NY as the worst tax localities.

Pellet Patriot said:
FYI, if I order 4 tons via Pelletsales.com, the delivery charge
drops to $20 per ton, so $259 per ton including delivery.

Thats cool. I'd love to order 4 tons but at the
moment I only have space to store 2 ton...
What are the requirements as far as distance
for the multiple drop delivery?
I'd be willing to get 2 tons if someone else got
2 tons and we did a multi drop deal.
I'm in the Avon-Holbrook-Randolph area btw.
Please pm me if anyones interested. If I don't
hear from anyone I might get 2 ton on my own
but a little extra savings can't hurt. :cheese:

Here's another place I found that delivers to
various areas of MA, RI, and CT. http://www.pelletsdirect.com/

zeta said:
What are the requirements as far as distance
for the multiple drop delivery?

Not sure what the requirements are. Give them a call. Or line up some other people and request a quote. Can't hurt to request a quote to find out. I requested two quotes, one for 2 tons and one for 4 to check out the difference in delivery price. When I found out I could save $40 ($10 for each ton) by ordering 4 tons, I accepted the 4 ton quote and cancelled the 2 ton quote.

Also, I'm not sure how the pellets are delivered, but they may be wrapped and possibly could be stored outside. So, perhaps you can order more and leave a couple of pallets outside.

edit: I ordered 2 tons from pelletsales.com.
Confirmed the order this morning.

Here's a little bit of info they sent that
I wanted to post for anyone else who may
be contemplating ordering from them:

"We will deliver materials on a moffit truck, which carries
the pallets of wood pellets along with a forklift. Because
of potential issues with septic systems, the forklift can not
drive over lawns, but we can set material down behind or
alongside your driveway. However the forklift can not enter
your garage nor can we move pellets into your house".

Will post back after I receive them to let
everyone know how it went.

This afternoon I was quoted $239 per ton plus delivery (I requested 5 tons) Delivery is an additional $20 per ton.
From their email: "This Pennsylvania Pellet is a predominantly hardwood premium pellet, with less that 0.1% ash, which we are now proud to be able to offer you at a very economical price."
My local dealer delivers for a flat $40 bucks so the savings isn't huge.

Lowes in Woodbridge, Hazlet and Old Bridge NJ are selling Premium Pellets for $247 a ton. Delivery is additional $65.

mgambuzza said:
I also bought a ton at the Auburn NY Walmart for $168 (plus 4% energy tax). So far been burning ok in my Quadrafire.

OUCH! Today my auger jammed. Spoke with hearth shop and they talked me through procedure for unjamming and was VERY successful! One of the first questions they asked was the brand I was burning, and the long pellet sizes of the Walmart brand did cause jam, but simple take apart, vacuum, and reassembly freed it up. Hearth Shop that I bought stove from was EXCELLENT - Great customer service - very knowledgeable. This also goes to what is said many times on this site - make sure the hearth shop you choose offers great customer service - you never know when you'll need them - and that will be that first test.

Yeah, I don't like real long pellets. Good to hear that it was easy to fix and you are back up and running. What's the name of the hearth shop?

BeGreen said:
Yeah, I don't like real long pellets. Good to hear that it was easy to fix and you are back up and running. What's the name of the hearth shop?

It was "The Hearth Shoppe" in Utica, NY. They were one of the few shops in the area that had a large selection of stoves that were connected, fired up, and could be compared. The personnel were very knowledgeable, asked a lot of questions of me for application, size, insulation, etc, which all in all allowed me to make an educated decision. They also had the best price bar none! I was initially a little leary as this shop was so far from my home (about 50 miles) and a couple of Quad dealers were within a few miles of my home, but I was willing to take a chance as I had heard of The Hearth Shoppe's great reputation. The type of service I received truly solidified my decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.