PelPro insert trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGT

Oct 19, 2011
Sparta,WI
i was just sitting here and suddenly my stove turned on by itself? it did not go through the start up just the blower motor that blows air into the room turned on?
the led lights for the fan speed pulsed in order hi/med/low-hi/med/low for about five min then it turn off? is my board bad?

my stove is a bay view insert with the acutron II board

DemonGT said:
i was just sitting here and suddenly my stove turned on by itself? it did not go through the start up just the blower motor that blows air into the room turned on?
the led lights for the fan speed pulsed in order hi/med/low-hi/med/low for about five min then it turn off? is my board bad?

my stove is a bay view insert with the acutron II board

Power fluctuation there by any chance?

nope, but...last night the inlet damper stuck so i just removed on screw from the board so it could "swing" to the side and i could stick a peice of wood behind there and unstick it.
not thinking i swung the board sideways with the screw driver and some sparks flew, the stove operated normal after that so i thought it was no big deal until now....

DemonGT said:
nope, but...last night the inlet damper stuck so i just removed on screw from the board so it could "swing" to the side and i could stick a peice of wood behind there and unstick it.
not thinking i swung the board sideways with the screw driver and some sparks flew, the stove operated normal after that so i thought it was no big deal until now....

Shut it down, pull the plug and go looking for scorch marks and frayed or pinched wires, put the screw back in, plug it back in, turn it on, pray, and watch it like a hawk for sometime.

Sparks other than in the firebox aren't good things.

just figured it out

the auto ignitor is staying on all the time...so even when the stove was not running all night it was on...making the inside of the stove warm...warm enough the
stove could sense heat and would turn on .....

DemonGT said:
just figured it out

the auto ignitor is staying on all the time...so even when the stove was not running all night it was on...making the inside of the stove warm...warm enough the
stove could sense heat and would turn on .....

Sounds like you shorted out the igniter control on the board.

DemonGT said:
yea, im guessing i need a new board....

Well if you can find someone with the soldering skills etc. the controlling triac or scrs can be replaced. There is a fellow on here that does board level repair https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/37111/ . The control boards are also available Don2222 refurbed the stand alone version of that stove just a short time ago, the threads are in the forum. He got his replacement board from the technical support folks at Danson.

DemonGT said:

Sorry to hear that!
Those boards are wicked sensitive to being zapped!! Then they can act real screwy!!

I had to replace my board. You can order them direct from the factory in Alberta Canada for $289 plus $10 for shipping. The toll free # is on their site.

yea, $300 is about what i was thinking

i can see some burnt spots on the board but ill probably just buy a new one instead of trying to repair.

P.S. looking for volunteers to tell my wife.....anyone? :\

Status
Not open for further replies.