PELPRO PELLET STOVES ANY GOOD OR SHOULD I GO WITH TIMBER RIDGE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duramax_lbz

Sep 23, 2014
mass
I saw online the pelpro pp130 which is 86%efficient and has a real small footprint, i need a small stove for my house cause of the small rooms my other option is the timber ridge 55-trpip that one is 78% efficient. the other one is the us stove golden eagle from home depot. what are your opinions please i need to make a order soon thanks !

note:i only have 1500 to spend that why i only have these to look at

Last edited:
On budget... I purchased a Pleasant Hearth P35 from Home Depot for $1100 or so.. + $400 in Venting (4" Vent Kit + a few other pieces) and supplies (Fireblock Foam, RTV Sealant, Silicone Tape). That got me to $1500 quickly. I still need to purchase a $100 ash vac and I'm thinking a small residential fire extinguisher would be a good idea.

The P35 stove is supposed to heat 1750sq. ft. .. so rather than get hung up on footprint - if both models work for your space - you may want to consider how much BTU's the options pump out rather than effeciency. In other words.. if the Better efficient stove isnt up to your heating needs then it's efficiency is irrelevant. All things being equal in footprint - get the stove that heats the space.

Just my 2 bits..

look at amfmenergy.com for a fully warranted TimberRidge TRP10 for $799. I assume since you're on a budget that you would be willing and capable of assuming the roles of installation AND troubleshooting. That's my humble opinion since those stoves are supported quite well right here on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.