1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

pennywise pellets,garbage or gold?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by barnyard840x, Jan 19, 2012.

1. barnyard840x

barnyard840x Member

Loc:
    north eastern ohio,sullivan
    Found that menards has somersets and pennywise pellets for 179.00$ a ton. Im a huge fan of somersets but am curious to see how a few bags of the pennywise pellets burn. Anyone have any experiance with these pellets?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smoke show

smoke show Guest

3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Wow.... You found a new brand and didnt buy any for us???? :lol:

Damn. Thats the last time I give you some new pellets. ;-P

What Menards were you at? Ontario? Or Massillon? They have been on sale for a bit now.
  4. smoke show

smoke show Guest

If u don't like em trade em to dexter. ;-)
  5. jrsdws

jrsdws Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Illinois
    Stick with what works and buy fast!!!! The sale ends on Sunday. Be glad they have Somersets available....can't find em here.
  6. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Buy a ton of Somersets and 10 bags of Pennywise for us (5 and 5) for testing. ;-P

I am sure they will have some left at the end of the year when they go on sale again (always have around 50 ton on hand). So if they are better than Somerset (doubt it) you can stock up then.

And maybe I can buy some more.

Im off Sat, maybe we can run up there. A few bags never hurt. 10-20 at a time and she never notices. :lol:

Jrsdws- What was the part # for the Cast burn pot? I was online looking for it and found the 2 speed combustion blower (High CFM), but cant find the Cast pot.
  7. pelletash

pelletash New Member

Menards here had some early in the season. I bought two bags. Average heat pellet, but there were some monster pellets in there. Many greater than 2 inches. I was glad I only got the two bags. If those and Somerset are the same price its a no brainer for me.
  8. jrsdws

jrsdws Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Illinois
    BC2650 - What number is the 2 speed combustion blower? LOL
  9. barnyard840x

barnyard840x Member

Loc:
    Havent bought them yet. Found em on menards website
  10. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Looks like the CF3542 (High Output). I could be wrong. But its the only "High Output" model.

The Magnum Furnace is listed as a model for that part. One would think that the blower would have a higher CFM??
  11. barnyard840x

barnyard840x Member

Loc:
    Be sure to get you a couple bags.its menards in ontario
  12. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Those were on the website last year. Thats there "product photo". They didnt carry any last year in Ontario. Photo was up, but only Somersets..... There were a few ton at the Sandusky store last season. But thats just a photo.

I would call tomorrow morning....

Just sayin. Prob just Somersets....
  13. jrsdws

jrsdws Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Illinois
    That's the number the dude at AES recommended me too...but I don't see where it says two speed anywhere....not that it matters unless it's too much air for corn.
  14. barnyard840x

barnyard840x Member

Loc:
    Saturday sounds good to me dex. May just have to bring the trailer n take a ton of somersets home. Gotta unload them quick so the wifey doesnt notice what were up to ;-P
  15. HopeItBurns

HopeItBurns Member

Loc:
    South East, Michigan
    I bought five bags last year and was not impressed. Stick with the Somersets...
  16. Outerlimits

Outerlimits Member

Loc:
    West MI
    Please buy all the Pennywise and Wood Fibres inc. brands you can. In fact tell Menards to keep carring them over the Somerset. Hopefully, if this happens, we can get Somersets at the Michigan Menard's stores again.
  17. barnyard840x

barnyard840x Member

Loc:
    thats funny,love the humor!!! If they werent my favorite pellet and i had some pull,i'd help ya. But i will be sure to think of you while i fill my hopper ;-) with those beautiful pellets