Permanent fix for rattling Harman insert side panels?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SXIPro

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 28, 2009
Northern MA
Is there one? I have tried bending the upper and lower tabs and even resorted to jamming all sorts of shims between the stove and the panels. I'd like a permanent fix to stop these things from buzzing/rattling. Thanks

I used magnets that are glued on to the tile(in my case)with silicone and they hold the side panels on my quad insert just fine.

Using textile botton snaps to hold metal panels together is just an overall bad concept on Dane's part....leave them off...

I agree on the snaps, but who the heck is Dane?

I used magnets that are glued on to the tile(in my case)with silicone and they hold the side panels on my quad insert just fine.

I am digging this idea and sort of embarassed I hadn't thought of it. I actually had to resort to magnets on my oven door years ago when the latch busted. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.