Permit info needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rick clifford

Oct 19, 2012
I am finally submitting my permit package for my wood insert and liner and blanket insulation. I am having difficulty obtaining a spec sheet for my insulation blanket as the manufacturer only deals with dealers and contractors. Its taking too long to get this from my installer and I am wondering how specific the city inspectors are for issuing permits and final sign off as its already installed in the chimney. I live in Jersey and I am using half inch blanket. Should I just submit another manufacturer and go with that?? I hate to go 2 weeks and then have it kicked back to me for more information. Thanks

Is this SuperWrap insulation? The insulation should be to UL 1777 spec.

Is this SuperWrap insulation? The insulation should be to UL 1777 spec.

Well the company name is Lifetime Chimney Supply and I got an email stating that the insulation is 1/2 inch foil wrapped and UL listed/approved. That is all I have other than installation instruction on the website. Is there a way to get the info from UL. Also makes me wonder if its somebody else's insulation which I wouldn't mind as long I get the info on it. Are they all basically the same as long as they are 1/2 foiled wrapped and UL approved?

Most that I know use kaowool for insulation. The main thing is passing UL 1777 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.