Petrified Wood! Awesome fuel source!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jqgs214

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 19, 2006
Riverhead, NY
Had a piece a petrified wood, (dont ask) and tried burning it. WOW!! Lit the appox 6" by 18" piece 2 days ago and its still burning!!! Anyone else ever tried this??

I have got a piece of rock looks like Petrified Drift Wood. It would be a cold day when I burn it though. Should burn nice and hot after all it has been seasoning millions of years.

Attachments

• rock wood 001.jpg
    rock wood 001.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 409
Mine was just collecting dust so I thought what the heck its wood right?

That is right, it is just old wood!!! If I do put my old drift wood into the stove how many heating seasons would it take to turn it it ash? Millions???? It could get the prize for longest burn for any stove its loaded in to.

I see VC knocking on your door!

Hmmmm. Why won't my 10 million year old coal burn longer? From now on, no more of this Tertiary Age crap for me. I'm going to start burning pure Cretaceous! I hope that will burn longer than I do.

The flames finally went out 2 days 22 hours 4 minutes 56 seconds it that a record??

Status
Not open for further replies.