PF100 Distribution Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejectr

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2009
Brimfield, MA
I have the optional 2000 CFM distribution blower on my PF100. I don't know why they call it that because it realy is 1650 cfm, not 2000. It has a low, medium and high setting. I've been running it on medium. Would I be doing better heat wise with it on low? I know you can reach a point where you're cooling the air with too much force.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the biggest fan for the PF100 right? Last I knew it is or was a 4 speed fan, you might have the wrong switch installed.

Labrat said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the biggest fan for the PF100 right? Last I knew it is or was a 4 speed fan, you might have the wrong switch installed.
It is a 4 speed motor but they don't use one speed. They have low...medium...medium high and high. They don't use the medium high speed.

Sorry I hit reply by accident. For me I run mine on low all the time. There are 2 schools of thought 1. run it slow the air will carry more heat. 2. run it faster the air carries less heat but you feel alittle warmer sooner in the far reaches of your spaces. I guess it depends on the person.

Running the fan on high will circulate the air around quicker in the house. Using the low speed will produce a hotter temp on the distrabution air, But it will take longer to circulate it. Because there are always variable, Best to trial and error it for yourself JIC.

I would let the temp drop a few degrees on similar temp days. Use the low one day and see how long it takes to raise the temp up and record the time it takes. The repeat with medium and then high. Use the one that raises the house temps the quickest.

Edit: Keep the furnace heat/feed setting the same to get a fair test. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.