Photos of first fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

isipwater

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2013
Southeastn, AZ
Hi, here are photo of my first fire with my new Lopi Endeavor. Everything is working well.

IMAG0339.jpg

How do you like your Lopi so far?
Overall, I am quite pleased with my new Lopi Endeavor. However, since wood burning is new to me and since this is my first wood stove, I have nothing else to compare it too. With that said, what I like most about it is the bypass damper and the super close clearances it allows. The bypass damper basically eliminates and smoke being able to back puff into the house. As for clearances, the 4.25" rear clearance to a combustible wall was crucial since we were tight on space. Other features I like include the nice size firebox (can load east to west or north to south with 18"x18"), only needs ember pad protection (used a 2 mm Morso powder coasted black steal hearth pad), and the secondary combustion works wonderfully (especially at 500 F and above). Do you have plans to get a new stove?

Overall, I am quite pleased with my new Lopi Endeavor. However, since wood burning is new to me and since this is my first wood stove, I have nothing else to compare it too. With that said, what I like most about it is the bypass damper and the super close clearances it allows. The bypass damper basically eliminates and smoke being able to back puff into the house. As for clearances, the 4.25" rear clearance to a combustible wall was crucial since we were tight on space. Other features I like include the nice size firebox (can load east to west or north to south with 18"x18"), only needs ember pad protection (used a 2 mm Morso powder coasted black steal hearth pad), and the secondary combustion works wonderfully (especially at 500 F and above). Do you have plans to get a new stove?

Not quite, I can't afford a new insert. I am hoping to get a lopi freedom insert off of CL, but never even get a chance to view them. The seem to hold their value well and people seem to buy them the second they get posted. Also looking forward to the bypass damper. Thanks for sharing your experience. How long did it take to install?

Not quite, I can't afford a new insert. I am hoping to get a lopi freedom insert off of CL, but never even get a chance to view them. The seem to hold their value well and people seem to buy them the second they get posted. Also looking forward to the bypass damper. Thanks for sharing your experience. How long did it take to install?
The stove shop where I bought the stove also did the install. I also needed the flue and chimney installed as I did not have a stove before. I think the stove and chimney were installed in 4.5 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.