Piazzetta mode choices...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! I know the curtain won't get too hot, but just be careful that it doesn't somehow drape itself over the front of your stove.
They're already moved. ;)

hello--I am very new to this game and I dont really have much support from the place I purchased my Piazzetta Monia. Can someone help me with even just the basics of the modes/levels (it has 1-4 as options). Basically--I want to know--when I have it on setting 4 the fan that is fairly loud doesnt run consistently....okay, in reality, it runs only about 1/4 of the time on this highest setting. Is this normal?
So--when should this fan run? (it seems to be the fan I want to run much of the time...if it all possible...since it has the capability of pushing the heat to further areas of my home)
thanks for any help!

hello--I am very new to this game and I dont really have much support from the place I purchased my Piazzetta Monia. Can someone help me with even just the basics of the modes/levels (it has 1-4 as options). Basically--I want to know--when I have it on setting 4 the fan that is fairly loud doesnt run consistently....okay, in reality, it runs only about 1/4 of the time on this highest setting. Is this normal?
So--when should this fan run? (it seems to be the fan I want to run much of the time...if it all possible...since it has the capability of pushing the heat to further areas of my home)
thanks for any help!
I'm assuming you are talking P levels, P1, P2, etc.

My understanding is that the stove can automatically throttle the fan and associated P level down when it reaches the set temperature. So, for example, if your stove is on P4 and a set temp of 68 degrees, once the thermostat wire reaches the 68 degrees, it will automatically throttle back to P3 and a lower fan speed, for 20 secs, then P2 and its lower fan speed, for 20 secs, then P1 and its lower fan speed, and stay there, until the thermostat wire sensor drops below your set temp of 68 degrees, whereupon it will throttle back up to P4, etc.

So, when you say you stove is on P4 only ¼ of the time, does that also mean the room has met your set temp? If not, then there's something else going on, maybe your thermostat wire is pinched or not fully inserted in the back? Other than that, I don't really know, perhaps Pascal Maertens can help. He's a Piazzetta dealer who is very helpful. You can send him a private message or start a new thread. Of course, put the stove name in your thread title, as that's how most people decide to read one or the other.

thanks for any help!
I have a Piazzetta Monia, when it's pretty cold out, I'm usually always running P4. Like chken said, once the desired temperature is hit, it will drop back down to P1 even though it still say P4 on the display. Once below the set temp. it will go back up to P4 again. When mine is set to p4 it usually stays on high for a while until the place is warmed up, but once there, it's usually only cycling back to high for a few minutes at a time to maintain my set temp.

There is a way to get into the programing area of your stove and increase the blower on P1. I did this for mine. I didn't increase to the same speed as P4 but I think I nudged it about 3 settings higher.

thank you so much for your quick responses! Your help has helped me understand my stove that much better....you guys were both spot on---it is a matter of it cycling through the different settings (P1-P4) depending on if it is getting the room up to the the proper temp or just keeping it there. I have done some adjustments (thanks to your assistance) and am even more pleased with my stove.

I dont know if I am posting this twice (sorry if this is the case!) But...My Monia is producing a lot of smoke within the smoke box. It also is giving off a faint odor. Within an hour of cleaning, it shuts off (beeping and saying "safety smoke" on the display). Any idea what is going on? We have not changed our pellets (which we've not had a problem with and have been running them in the stove for the last 3 months).

Have you clean your exhaust vent lately, it could be partially blocked with ash.

we have cleaned the exhaust vent by taking the end cap off the vent and getting rid of the build up. We have not taken a brush (or anything similar) up the vent itself. Do you suggest doing this? we are getting cold :)

if we are to clean up the vent tube itself, what do you suggest we use? (the booklet tells us what NOT to use...just not what is appropriate)

I would use an appropriate pellet stove brush tip. how many bags of pellets have you burned?

we have burned around 30 to 35 bags over the last 3 months (again, it is 3-months old)

too bad I dont have a brush---any other suggestions to use just to get the thing running? (obviously, I will purchase an appropriate brush...but its Sunday and stores are colsed)

Does your exhaust vent/flue have a 90 degree clean-out tee? If so, can you look in through it horizontally as well as up through vertically? Most you can only see up through, my installer put in a tee where i can see directly in through the vent and into the stove, I used an ash vac to clean out the section of pipe that runs horizontally into the stove. Seems like a place where ash could build up...

Last edited:
This is what is stated in my Monia manual:

Smoke Chamber Pressure

Connected to the flue gas outlet, its function is to control the vacuum inside the outlet
duct so that the stove can be used in all safety.

If correct operating conditions in the flue gas outlet change (incorrect installation,
blockages or obstructions in the flue, poor maintenance, unfavourable weather
conditions such as persistent wind, etc.) the pressure switch cuts off the power supply
to the fuel-loading auger, thereby stopping the supply of pellets to the grate and
starting the stove shutdown process.
-- The readout “ALF 1” appears in the STOVE STATUS mode.
-- The readout “SMOKE SAFETY“ appears on the display.
-- After approx. 60 seconds the alarm sounds (if activated).

WHAT TO DO:
-- Shut down the stove by holding the ON/OFF key down for several seconds.
-- The alarm stops.
--Wait until you are sure that combustion of any pellets remaining in the grate has
stopped.
--Wait until the stove has cooled down, then check for and remove whatever has
caused the safety device to be triggered. Finally,

thank you for your help--no such luck though. The flue was fairly clean and the fire is still not acting correctly (hard to explain--but the flame is just bigger)...It will be shutting down shortly...I will be calling the dealer in the morning and have them check it out. There really isnt anything that we havent cleaned or checked (that I know of)....again, thank you.

I dont know if I am posting this twice (sorry if this is the case!) But...My Monia is producing a lot of smoke within the smoke box. It also is giving off a faint odor. Within an hour of cleaning, it shuts off (beeping and saying "safety smoke" on the display). Any idea what is going on? We have not changed our pellets (which we've not had a problem with and have been running them in the stove for the last 3 months).
My manual says a Smoke Safety alert can be one of two things, one, it could be the hopper lid switch is open, which I assume it's not. Two, is as already noted that the stove is not venting properly.

Based upon your comment that you can smell a faint smoke smell, I'd guess that there's a blockage somewhere in your vent. A blockage would cause both the Smoke Safety alert and you might get a small smoke smell. When there's no draft from the heat of a fire, like when you first start the stove, the air wash system, leaks a little smoke smell.

Since you write that this is within "an hour of cleaning", you have to assume that something you did in the cleaning process has clogged the vent.

When you say you took the vent cap off and cleaned the build up, what exactly did you do? It's quite easy to push ash back in, while also pulling ash out, thus creating a blockage.

As far as cleaning vertically, most people do clean the whole vent pipe, every ton of pellets, with a "Linteater" from Lowes. It is a brush that one can use on dryer vents to pull out lint, but also works great on stove vents to remove ash. As far as it being late Sunday, there's not a lot you can do until tomorrow if you have created a blockage.

I would just say that reading your posts, it would be helpful if you described your vent, how long is it, what bends, etc., The key part really are the horizontal parts, and the bottom of the vertical pipe. There is typically a cleanout T, that helps in removing vertical ash. The horizontal ash can be difficult to reach, and many use a Leaf Blower to suck it out with the Leaf Blower Trick. You can look that up on Youtube.

Your going to love it. Well after that first burn anyway. What a stink!
Good grief. Our Sveva was installed a week or two ago, and I had to wait until the kids weren't home and could plan on being in the yard to do the first P5 burn off. I couldn't be in the house long during the initial part of the P5 burn off - huge headache.
However, now that that's done, things are going fairly smoothly. We live near sea level, so hoping not too many programming adjustments have to be made, but still aim to get a manometer soon.

Reactions: chken
Yea... That initial cook-off stinks but that happens with any stove. Always a good idea to have a manometer. You may only use it a couple of times but it is worth it. $80 for a lower end digital unit is cheap to get a stove worth a couple grand that burns hundreds of dollars of fuel every year working at peak efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.