1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Piazzetta Sveva Install Thread

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by EastMtn, Jun 6, 2013.

1. The Grintch

The Grintch Member

Loc:
    North Attleboro
    Looks really good!

I haven't even plugged my new stove in yet. Temperatures around here have been in the 90's and humid. I figured I would christen mine sometime in September or October.

Congratulations and good luck!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

I would still recommend atleast one support strap in this case. If the stove is disconnected for service, then there would be undo pressure exerted on the venting that could cause damage to it.

The 4" diameter strap extends to 5-1/2" from the wall to the center of the pipe. There is however an extension to extend it another 5-1/2" max. So this would probably do it.

The last pic shows the extension install with the plumbers plate that I have done.
    You can paint the plate and straps black before the install for good looks. I also recommend 2-1/2" wood screws to get the plate into the wall studs securely. Let me know if you need any of these parts.

I also like to use washers and lock washers on these support straps. It just makes a much more secure job!

Click to Enlarge:

Attached Files:

3. EastMtn

EastMtn Member

It's on the floor next to the stove. 1000W SmartUPS with pure sine wave and ability to compensate for spikes and partial power loss. Should give me 2.5hrs back up. The manual said that the worst thing that can potentially cause the control board to die is a sudden loss of power.
    Batman made a call to Commisioner Gordon for me. He owes me a favor for fixing his bat light. The surge protector police won't be bothering me anytime soon.==c
    smoke show likes this.
  4. EastMtn

EastMtn Member

Thanks. I turned the swamp cooler on to 68::F and the stove to 86::F setpoint. That kept the indoor temp at 80 while I burned for 4hrs to get the excess paint burned off and check for leaks.
  5. EastMtn

EastMtn Member

There is a shroud clamped around the tee in the pic below. Should it be taken off to put on the support bracket or left on?

IMG_20130626_090403_857.jpg
  6. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    That is interesting, You would not need the shroud with the support bracket. Therefore it should be taken off.
  7. Phil Do's fire.

Phil Do's fire. Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hyde Park, NY
    Hey good luck with the new stove. I have a Palazzetti a very close cousin to your stove and it's great. Great job with the install;)
  8. EastMtn

EastMtn Member

Hey Phil, the literal translation for the name of your stove is cousin.:) Your stove and Lake Girl's is what inspired my search for this type of stove. Once I knew they existed it was only a matter of time before I'd have one of my own in the house.
    Lake Girl likes this.
  9. Phil Do's fire.

Phil Do's fire. Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hyde Park, NY
    Enjoy the efficiency also. My stove ran for more than a month longer this year, we also had an increase of 300 heating degree days and I still used less pellets than the previous season;lol
  10. zrtmatos

zrtmatos Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Connecticut
    nice pics!
  11. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    He already got a monster of a UPS:)
    EastMtn likes this.