Picked up a humidifire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

livefreeordie

Nov 21, 2010
Rochester, NH
yesterday, what a big difference it makes. I bought a Essickair model MA0800 it will service a 1700 sq ft house with no problem.

Attachments

• 100_3035.jpg
    100_3035.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 100_3036.jpg
    100_3036.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 234
Nice. House probably feels much more comfortable too. I love ours. And like the OAK, I am a big advocate of them. A must have item. Much like your vacuum, leafblower, brushes, and vent cleaning brush.

DexterDay said:
Nice. House probably feels much more comfortable too. I love ours. And like the OAK, I am a big advocate of them. A must have item. Much like your vacuum, leafblower, brushes, and vent cleaning brush.

The room with the stove use to be part of the garage, we turned it into a den which only gets used in the winter.

magentaman said:
Yeah, I might not be able to locate one if needed.

Any big box store has them, this one came from Lowes $70

I need to get one, how noisy is that one and is it energy start rated or not?

geek said:
I need to get one, how noisy is that one and is it energy start rated or not?

Sad to say there is no rating listed on the box. The fan on speed setting 3 ( the highest) is around 5-6 sones. On setting 2 i would rate it at 3-4 sones.

magentaman said:
livefreeordie said:
magentaman said:
Yeah, I might not be able to locate one if needed.

Any big box store has them, this one came from Lowes $70

Seems like a lot of money for a piano playing bear. ;-)

Thats about the average price around here for a unit that size.

I tried the kettle of water trick, but the top of my stove does nothing more then warm the water. I may have to go the Humidifier route. On average the humidity has been about 30% in our house.

We use the kettle also mostly because its an antique and goes with the rest of the house. We have to fill it on a daily basis but it holds such a little amount of water we don't notice a difference. Our humidity right now is at 40%

magentaman said:
I tried the kettle of water trick, but the top of my stove does nothing more then warm the water. I may have to go the Humidifier route. On average the humidity has been about 30% in our house.

I thought with all the humidity we get during the winter, that I wouldn't need a humidifier. But, our stove really dried out the air in our house. Much more comfortable with the humidifier now. Mine maintains about 35-40% humidity in the house. I think having an OAK caused the air to be drier since I'm not sucking outside air into the house for burning. Typically, I add about a gallon or 2 per day when the stove is running.

Status
Not open for further replies.