Picnic, anyone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt Ski Bum

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2011
Dillon, Mt
These are some of the picnic shelters at the campgrounds on Clark Canyon Reservoir down in the south-west corner of the state... the reservoir was rising 4-6+ inches per night this past weekend while I was down there- when I got down there on Thursday afternoon, the water still had 10 feet to go before it reached the spillway, now it is only 4.9 feet from the spillway- a rise of almost a foot per day!

Attachments

• s-DSC04254.jpg
    s-DSC04254.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 355
  • s-DSC04262.jpg
    s-DSC04262.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 341
here's another good one I got from the lower Yellowstone River last week-

Yea! No parking in the middle of the river!

Attachments

• R-DSC04213.jpg
    R-DSC04213.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 368
going to colorado next week - black canyon - is it seeing the same type of flooding?

Mt Ski Bum said:
These are some of the picnic shelters at the campgrounds on Clark Canyon Reservoir down in the south-west corner of the state... the reservoir was rising 4-6+ inches per night this past weekend while I was down there- when I go down there on Thursday afternoon, the water still had 10 feet to go before it reached the spillway, now it is only 4.9 feet from the spillway- a rise of almost a foot per day!

Great view, make sure we get the after picture.

Zap

f3cbboy said:
going to colorado next week - black canyon - is it seeing the same type of flooding?

Not sure... I don't think Colorado is as soggy as we are right now, but I'm not sure... you might want to track down Beetle Kill on that one since he lives in Co...

Mt Ski Bum said:
f3cbboy said:

Not sure... I don't think Colorado is as soggy as we are right now, but I'm not sure... you might want to track down Beetle Kill on that one since he lives in Co...
I haven't heard what the water is doing down there, but my in-laws are at Taylor right now. I'll let'cha know what they have to say about the water conditions when they get back. Lake and resevoir fishing should be ok, but forget about the creeks and rivers. Melt is in full force. Heck, we got 3" of snow yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.