Pics of My New Enviro Evolution Pellet Stove Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

terryjd98

Hearth Supporter
Jul 1, 2008
Ontario Canada
Here are a few pics of my new Enviro Evolution Pellet Stove I was finally able to install. I still have some trim work to do on the inside of the house but at least am able to use the stove. Am loving it so far, its heating the whole house which I never really expected it to. So far I have just had the stove on number 3 and one colder night had to turn the stove up on number 4. Only issue so far is with stove on number 3 I can hold my hand on the pipe, with stove on number 4 pipe is too hot to hold hand on. From what I have read on this fourm I never thought the pipes got that hot. I used Excel Pellet Stove Pipe and thimble. The stove really throws a great heat.
I have a cleanout at the back of the stove so I would be able to angle it to be able to blow the hot air out the doorway to the rest of the house, up 4 feet, out through 18 inches of stone wall and then 17 inches outside the house. I don't have an Oak attached yet since old house is so drafty should be lots of fresh air.
Just wish I would have been able to put the stove in in the fall of 2008 but do to health issues I couldnt and never had the money to have dealer install.

Attachments

• Stoveinside1b.jpg
    Stoveinside1b.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 708
  • Stoveflame1b.jpg
    Stoveflame1b.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 697
  • PipeOutside1B.jpg
    PipeOutside1B.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 596
Nice looking stove, did you use a double wall vent pipe or single? Double wall wouldnt get but warm to the touch.

nice lookin flame!! is it the photo or does the end of the exhaust get smaller? seems like it could be constrictive with the reduction and the extra bend. i'm thinking about gettin the omega someday.

BIH

Hi Nicholas thanks. Yes I used double walled pipe. Excel is the pipe that has the gaskets on the inside pipe so you don't have to tape the joints when installing. I thought the pipe should only get warm to the touch so not really sure whats going on when I put the stove on number 4. I did take a reading at the baffles where the air comes out with my wifes meat thermator and it shows around 155 degrees with stove on number 4 and 130 degrees on number 3. The stove has been WETT inspected and passed so I guess they never saw any issues with it.
Hi BigIsla yes it does seem to have a good flame. It will get lower at times and then be high again. Seems to be the way the stove works without a thermastat on it and just being controled by the board. That is just at factory setup right now I havent adjusted anything. The pipe on the end does get a bit smaller. As for the bend I can make that straight if I want its an adjustable part. The dealer where I bought the pipe told me to turn it down to keep rain out. I suppose I could take that end off on a nice day and see what difference it makes.

Thanks for sharing the pics.....looks good!

Enjoy the heat!

The ashpan looks large. Let us know how often you end up having to empty.

Great looking unit/install

The double wall pipe does get hot to the touch when you crank up the BTU's.

My quad will get to about 150F or so when its running.

The Prodigy will be about 100F when on 1 and on 3 it will run about 150F

The bottom mounted exhaust fan stoves tend to run a cooler stack than the top outlet stoves.

As the hot gases leave the fire box and circulate through the baffles and then the exhaust fan, much of the extra heat is dissipated.

Enjoy the new little critter.

Snowy

Nice stove. Nice install. Great pics.

I have used the Excel pipe on both my Pellet stove installs: one for my Jamestown J-1000 (made in your province), and the other for my Englander 25-PDVC. The Jamestown's pipe only gets too hot to touch on a its highest setting. However, it is a much smaller stove, connected to an old chimney pipe that has a natural draft, and with lots of air circulation around the pipe. The Englander gets too hot to touch when run off its lowest settings. But the Englander is a much larger stove, in a corner, with less air flow around the pipe, in a basement install.

I think you are just fine. Give yourself a pat on the back for going with the Excel. IMHO it is the best pipe out there, after taking a bath on Duravent PelletVent product.

I doubt removing your jet tip will affect things much. And if you still have the screening on your jet tip, I would remove it as it tends to get clogged with soot easily.

Nice lookin stove. Enjoy the heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.