Pictures of wood stoves in alcoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an alcove. Its full masonry and real stone. I have three halogen lights in the ceiling of it.
stunning

Hi Brian, here's what we did, looks like your at least starting with an insert, ours was an old ZC piece of crap. We did everything except pull the old liner out. The fireplace guy did that from the top of the chimney.

Thanks sodbuster, exactly what I was looking for. That will give the wife a very good idea as to what it will look like.
Do you have an floor above the stove? I am asking because we do, and I am thinking about leaving it open inside and putting some airflow vents upstairs so that the hot air rises and goes through the air vents, then, our ceiling fan at the top of the stairs will push air down to recirculate.
Oh, and we are just at the final pricing stage. This is getting exciting. Can't wait for the weather to warm up now, so we can get started, and finished.

Here's a couple more pics to help with the layout of our installation. The room where the stove is located, is open to a vaulted ceiling, with a balcony overlooking the stove area. There is a bedroom on the second floor directly behind the chimney. The ceiling of my alcove is blocked off, I needed to frame for a chimney support, plus I figured any warm air moving through the chase would run right out the the top of the chimney before it did any good upstairs. Our stove is doing a great job, the upstairs is really warm, and the downstairs is warmer than we kept it with propane :). Second pic is the stove guy pulling the old chimney out through the top of the chase. Hope this helps. SB

Attachments

• Stove install.jpg
    Stove install.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 473
  • Stove install 2.JPG
    Stove install 2.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 479
Status
Not open for further replies.