Pictures of Woodstock's new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwoods Savage said:
Highbeam said:
Photos gone eh? Ooops?

Sorry Highbeam. I'm working on that problem.

Soupy, I was thinking the fellow was from NH who won but don't remember for sure.

btw, an interesting thing happened just before the drawing. Several of us were talking and it was brought to Tom's attention that there was a little girl who had been helping a lot that day. Inside, if she saw someone who had not been waited on she would rush around to find someone to help. She also told some folks they could take a tour of the plant. I guess she really worked hard at this and nobody had even asked her; she just did it herself. She also was playing music along with the fiddler.

So, Tom and some other folks (including my wife) headed inside to try to find her. As they did, the girl came out the other door so I hollered at my wife. They got her over there and the next thing I knew Tom was asking if she would like to do the drawing. That was really nice and that little girl has a great future. I do believe that her father works in the production area but I'm not sure.

Hello dennis! First, the gentleman that won our stove is from Mass. Second, and most importantly, thank you! Mikeh showed me this post this morning. Dare I say, I could almost feel a tear forming. Why you may ask? The little girl you speak of is my fiancés daughter, KATIE. I'm not her biological father, nor technically "step father" but I'm still very proud of her. This is her second open house she has been to, and she picked the stove winner last year as well. You're correct in saying no one asked her to do what she did but she was happy to do it all the same. She truly can NOT be thanked enough.
When I got home this afternoon and showed her the copy mike gave me, she thought it was "totally cool" that someone remembered her!

So again, thank you dennis for making my day! Hope to see you again next year.

Highbeam, I had stated on the other thread about the problem and we got it fixed. Thank you for being understanding. No, Woodstock won't make anyone pull pictures. It is just like they have told me whenever I have asked if I should say something that they have told me. It is for the public to know! So I do not fear that I've done something wrong. I'm still just another satisfied customer of theirs.

nh_stovebuilder, welcome to the forum and I hope you continue to post as you are very welcome. We all can learn a few things from you. On Katie, you definitely can be very proud of her and I hope you told her mother how proud we were of her. She is a winner all the way. She has the right attitude when she wants to help other folks. I feel sorry for anyone who does not like to help someone else. My wife apologizes because she really wanted to give that girl a big hug but was afraid it might not be appropriate. You can bet if we ever are blessed and come back for another visit we would be very happy to look that girl up along with you and your finace. Thanks for the great hospitality while we were there. Our heads are still spinning.

Also, please tell Katie we have a couple of pictures of her and we will definitely keep them. Tell her we were really proud to have just witnessed what she did.

One more thing. The time we spent together was fantastic. I had questions and concerns and you did a very professional job of answering. The way you and others were willing to help and make us feel welcome speaks volumes. Way to go Pro!

You're very welcome Dennis. Again, we are both very proud of her. Its hard to believe she is only 11 yrs old. I haven't shown my fiance the posting yet as she is still working but shall be home shortly. I'd love to meet up with you next year! I love meeting new people.

Highbeam said:
Photos gone eh? Ooops?

Waaah! I was Jonesing to take another peek!

Can anyone remember--was the flue vertical, or horizontal?

Den said:
NP. See the blog on their site.

Oh yeah, I've been there. I'm hoping for an update soon And, as long as I'm dreaming, a thermostat... (drooling like Homer...)

Back to reality, the drawing on the blog looks like a vertical flue, but I was just checking. I'm planning a nice straight chimney, and would rather not put bends in it.

Thanks again.

Kenny, I'll start a new thread with pictures.....hopefully. My photobucket got a bit skewed.

Oooooh I missed this first time. Cant wait to see this beast...

Well folks, it seems my photo albums got screwed up. I'll try to fix them but it will take some time.

Hey, I got the new thread going with, hopefully, enough pictures. Thanks for being patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.