Pipe 50% at Lowes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firenutz

Sep 13, 2008
Northeastern PA
Not sure if it's a nationwide thing but Lowes by me has all of their pellet stove pipe (simpson duravent) on sale for 50% off as well as other hearth and fireplace related accessories. I got the corn rated vent kit which was normally $300 for $150. 3ft. sections are only $12.

I checked the local Lowes website and they are advertising a through the wall vent pipe kit for $99.00! For some reason it seems like the prices on stuff like this are really coming down.

Its absolutely amazing how fast the price has dropped on some of this stuff. It seems like just a year ago you couldn't touch a straight pipe vent system with fittings for under $500.00 and that was to cover a short section. Now you can pick up the whole system in a box for $99.00. I also saw Lowes selling their pellet stoves for about $650.00 on sale. I wonder if pellet stoves will be like computers and televisions sets where if a part goes out you send the whole unit to recycle and just buy a new one because it will be cheaper than fixing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.