Pipe install questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cahermit

Jan 15, 2017
California
Running stove pipe and chimney through the wall of an older modular home.
The plan is to go single wall (duravent) inside and double wall (duratech) outside. I can meet the clearances with these pipes.
My question is with tying together the single wall to the double, through the thimble. I have the duraplus stainless thimble (6DP-WTSS) that I understand uses the triple wall (duraplus) going out to the exterior.

1) Do I need an adapter to connect the single wall inside to the triple wall duraplus in the thimble?
2) Can I go from triple wall duraplus in the thimble back to a double wall duratech T and chimney? If so what adapters would I need?

The dura plus will not mate with the dura tech, the dura plus OD measurement is bigger than the dura tech, what you going to need to do is match the through the wall kit to the rest of the class a pipe. I have dura plus in my house, although its a straight up shot through the roof, its good pipe and I expect to get a minimum of 20 years out of it.

I don't see that Duravent makes a Dura tech through the wall thimble.
Does that mean I'm going to have to go Duraplus triple wall for the whole exterior?

Here is the DuraTech wall thimble info from their catalog
Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 4.59.29 PM.png