Piping Sketch Need Ideas Wood Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Pirate

Jun 25, 2008
Orange County, NY
Heres what I came up with for piping my New Yorker Add on.

The only issue I see is that my supply and return get divided prior to entering the wood boiler.

Please let me know if any changes should be made even if the changes are throw this sketch out and start all over.

Thanks guys.

Paul

Attachments

• Boiler Diagram 3.bmp
    58.7 KB · Views: 577
Moved to boiler room for more appropriate response.

I think the wood boiler should have its own circulator. The dump zone would then be exclusively piped to/from the wood boiler. I am not sure if the valves shown are zone valves but trying to balance the flow in the loops would seem to be tough to do with one circulator. As Noffossil says it looks like your heating the wood boiler with the oil boiler. Personally, I would use the wood boiler as a heat source with a circulator going to the oil boiler and the system as a heat load controlled by an aquastat on the wood boiler. You most likely will be only using the wood boiler around freezing temps or below so I would want to keep the oil boiler from thermal cycling. The drawing is close-some mods and it would work.

Do you have a plan for a future storage option?

Mike

Here's a schematic....

Attachments

• supply-return.gif
    supply-return.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 557
Status
Not open for further replies.