Planning Ahead!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Zap.....Darn sure not wanting to fire the Monster up yet! Once she starts its mid-May when it goes out!

smokinjay said:
Thanks Zap.....Darn sure not wanting to fire the Monster up yet! Once she starts its mid-May when it goes out!

It's been so damp this year that we started burning some fires, cheaper then plugging in the dehumidifier. The Quaking Aspen has been doing the trick so far.

zap

I have a face cord in the shop ready to go. I really hope I can make it til Nov 6 th daylight savings this year. Would be the latest I have held out. Aleady getting the I am cold thing going on, so i just fire up the gas fireplace. That seem to be cheaper in low doses.

The morning after we left Zap's place our car was covered with ice. Dang it was nippy that morning but it warmed a lot during the day. I also have to say I really like Zap's place; he has a wonderful woods, wonderful home, wonderful wife, wonderful wood stacks, etc, etc. What more could one ask?

Zapsrhino.jpg

Zapslane-1.jpg

Zapswoods-1.jpg

Zapswoods-3.jpg

ZaponRhino.jpg

Yup, said it before and I'll say it again, " Zap, you got a piece of paradise there." Really enjoy seeing the pics of it. Great pics Sav

Sav and Judy came all the way from Michigan just to see my ORANGE hat! :sick:

zap

Zap I thought you where in your middle 30's. Thank God now I can like you.... :lol:

smokinjay said:
Zap I thought you where in your middle 30's. Thank God now I can like you.... :lol:

I don't recall those days! :snake:

zap

So where do you live? Doesn't look like Alaska or Florida. Somewhere in between?

DanCorcoran said:
So where do you live? Doesn't look like Alaska or Florida. Somewhere in between?

Northern New York .

zap

Oh great, more rain...just what we DON'T need!

Zap, nice land, nice toys, nice life 4 sure!

zapny said:

zap

Not true! We heard your wife bakes an excellent cake too.

Backwoods Savage said:
zapny said:

zap

Not true! We heard your wife bakes an excellent cake too.

Did the recipe come through ok?

zap

i was camping in the adirondacks that weekend. and i woke up with ice on my tent. we had great weather up there. then it warmed as the weekend went on and by the time i got home it was 85 degrees out. yuck.

Got it Zap. Thank you.

Bobby, the morning we left Zap's area the car was all covered with ice. Rather nippy but then we drove into some really warm air in a couple more days. That was not camping weather in my book.

Backwoods Savage said:
Got it Zap. Thank you.

Bobby, the morning we left Zap's area the car was all covered with ice. Rather nippy but then we drove into some really warm air in a couple more days. That was not camping weather in my book.
that was perfect camping weather lol. you may not have been to far from where we were there at zaps. but yeah it was close to the teens when i woke up. we camped at about 4000 feet. at indian falls overlooking mt. marcy was beautiful

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 147
Eco, nice picture. You were about 1:30 from us.

zap

yeah its beautiful up there. cant wait to go back and hike more peaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.