pleasant surprise!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ScotO

We did a job the other week at a location with a couple of larger downed trees. My buddy was cutting in one area of the site and I was cutting at another (this was the job where I made the log bench). Anyway we ended up with a trailerload of mixed hardwood. Almost everything I cut was red maple and sassafras. Wasn't sure what all my buddy had cut. We split the load of wood up (each got half a trailer full, around 1/2 cord). Last evening I finally got a chance to get after it with the maul. He must have been on the better logs at that location because almost all the stuff I ended up with was barkless hickory!! Pic was taken after dark sorry for the poor quality. Quads would enjoy this one! Resampled952012-03-259520-03-0595772.jpg

Reactions: smokinj
Nice work Scott. Quads will laugh at your picture. lol

That hickory for sure will make some nice burning.

Reactions: ScotO
SO, looks like the maul went through a war, nice score.

zap

Zap I bought that 8lb bruiser at a surplus store when I got married over 15 yrs ago.....it HAS been through many wars! It has served me very well. But all told, at the end of the day I don't know what looks worse, me or that maul!

Status
Not open for further replies.