Please help identify this stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fixall

Oct 23, 2014
Picked this up for $60 to heat my small garage. Replaced all gaskets and cleaned. Once I got it warmed up and hot I noticed I was getting popcorn pellets with the damper fully closed- so way too much air entering the burn pot.

There are two horizontal adjustable doors, one on each side of the pot and they are adjustable from outside the stove.

If I crack these 1/4" open I can get the right conditions in the pot for a nice burn.

So my question is.... Are these door's meant to be adjusted or just gates that can be opened to let the ash fall into the ash pan when not in use?

A manual would help but I can find a stove on google pics that looks like it

Thanks

20161105_202515[1].jpg
20161105_202525[1].jpg

Popcorn pellets?WTF is that?A stove that has no markings?Make/Modlel?year?Do you even know what a nice burn is in a pellet stove?We need way more info!!

I'm not sure which model or make your stove is but someone here will likely know. Have you taken panels etc; off of the unit and looked for any type of tag or numbers and such? Most stoves have an identifying ID badge although it may be hidden somewhat.

The tag could be located on an inside area at the rear or side or the stove. Not in the firebox but inside some panel that comes off.

Hard to say, but that that looks like an older model Enerzone or less likely a Drolet.

I have an Enerzone, but the draft is adjusted by a knob on the right side of the stove that open and closes a shutter on the air intake. The Enerzones used to use a single motor that drove both combustion and exhaust, if memory serves me. My Enerzone has a similar trap door that you describe (but just one the one side), but it is used for ash removal only.

x2 whitfield cascade. Those two slots are for ash dumping I think. If memory serves, one motor drives combustion and convection blowers, similar to the quest design. Popcorn pellets are usually referred to as poor burning pellets- I'd try another fuel and see if burns the same. Manual can be found online. This little cascade prob needs a deep cleaning. Good luck with her.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.