Please help me identify model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cags

Aug 17, 2014
Iowa
20140816_220305.jpg 20140816_220404.jpg 20140816_220631.jpg 20140816_220631.jpg 20140816_220404.jpg

Hello! Just thought I would try and see if anyone could tell me any information on this Hearthstone. I have tried looking all over this stove for a serial/model and am at a loss. Any info on this would be very much appreciated. We moved into our home and this was in the basement. We need to make some bedrooms downstairs (lots of kids!) so we are thinking of selling this. Already have a fireplace upstairs and well to be honest I am not very knowledgeable on wood stoves. So if you have an idea of what we should ask if we do sell, please share. Thank you so much for even taking the time to read and help out at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be a Hearthstone H1 I think. The H2 has a single door.

How is the basement heated? Is it insulated? I would consider holding on to the stove until you have gone through one winter. It's a decent heater once all that stone is warmed up. If you do, get the chimney inspected and cleaned. I would have a couple cords of seasoned wood on hand in case you get a big storm power outage. Note that the grate showing in the stove should not be in there. If you can provide closer up pictures of the interior of the stove we may be able to better assess its condition.

If you need the manual, it's posted here:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/wiki/hearthstone-hi-and-hii/

Status
Not open for further replies.