Please help to identify this stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catherinejennah

Nov 14, 2016
Maine
Hello! So I am in need of help to identify the model of this Jotul wood stove. We acquired when we purchased some property with an old farm house located on the property. I'm looking to find the model of this and maybe get an idea of what to value it at. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 129
It's a Jotul 118. Value will vary with condition of the interior burn plates and baffle + an exterior free of cracks. A plain black paint job would help, but not a show stopper. If all checks out well then these stoves can go as high as $800 or more in peak season, especially if enameled. Average price is more in the $4-600 range.

Great! Thank you so much for your response! That gives me a good idea and I will check out the entire unit to make sure it's in decent condition.

I don't know the vintage of that. But it looks like a version of the 602 box stove that they built millions of from the beginning of time. My brother in law had one, not a huge amount of heat. More of an antique than a stove you would run today, I think. But cool looking

It's a 118, the big brother of the 602. Takes much larger wood and puts out a fair amount of heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.