Plumbing diagrams for radiant zones

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpeterb

Hearth Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
Western PA
I will be installing an Eko 40 soon, and want to heat my domestic hot water as well as in floor pex loops throughout the house. I will need a minimum of 4 zones, and possibly 5. Eventually, like maybe next year or so, would like to extend the system to heat a hot tub year round, and swimming pool in the summer. I have the ability to install the system, but I do not have a clue how to design it so that it works effecietly. I want to use zone valves on the radiant manifold, but have not clue as to the best way to run the "loop" from and back to the furnace. Does anyone have experience, suggestions, diagrams, or know where I can see diagrams?

Thanks.
Andy

If you're technically oriented and enjoy learning, try to get ahold of a copy of the book Modern Hydronic Heating by John Siegenthaler. While it makes no attempt to be a "light read" it is chock full of information. I managed to borrow it last year by interlibrary loan, as it's not cheap.

If you use Google to do an advanced search for "Siegenthaler" at the site www.pmengineer.com you can also pull up some of his articles, some of which are helpful in picking up aspects of how hydronics work (as well as problems to avoid).

Then ask your questions, as they arise, here. There's a wealth of knowledge here and people are generous in sharing it.

Also see the sticky at the top of this forum page, primary secondary piping for boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.