poor mans wood shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great way to recycle and protect your firewood from the elements! I would that would fit in well in a rustic setting too!

Ray

Thistle said:
Loco Gringo said:
Whats the sign say thistle?

Private Property NO Trespassing (And NO Stealing) handwritten in below :lol:

funny how you have to specify 'no stealing'.

else some ijut would say....'yer honor....the sign said no tresspassin'...but didn't say anything about stealin'

onetracker said:
Thistle said:
Loco Gringo said:
Whats the sign say thistle?

Private Property NO Trespassing (And NO Stealing) handwritten in below :lol:

funny how you have to specify 'no stealing'.

else some ijut would say....'yer honor....the sign said no tresspassin'...but didn't say anything about stealin'

Its at parents acreage,they're not out there all the time.About 1 yr before this pic was taken in June 2011,the shed was about 20% full.I went out there a couple weeks later,a good p/u load was missing.That's when I attached the sign to the shed,figuring the culprit would soon return.I know it wasnt any other family members,they can have wood any time they want - plus they'd tell me they needed some first. We think it was neighbors 1/8th mile to the south,the well which serves both properties is on their place,its in the deed that as long as my parents own their 10 acres,the owners to the south have to provide water,since no water was found (after several attempts 41 yrs ago) on this property.We since put up a waist-high heavy suspended cable with padlock across the driveway to prevent access up on the property.REC can still read the electric meter,since the pole is outside the 'gate' about 100 ft up the 300 ft very steep winding gravel driveway.So far no one else has been up there that I can tell,at least in a vehicle anyway.

Blue Vomit said:
shawneyboy said:
Here is my "Bayou Shack" as my wife calls it.

Shawn

nice Shawn,
how much can you fit in there?

3 plus cord goes into the shack. I keep another cord under the deck in the racks. Gives me four cord for the season which is about the perfect high end amount I need in any given season.

Shawn

Gary_602z said:
cptoneleg said:
Thats OK son someday you will be able to afford one like mine

Where is the still at?

Gary

Not far behind shed by the Spring ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.