pop-spark heat tech gm26

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adrnmrnda

Dec 22, 2012
I was cleaning and lubing the blower moter, disconnected the two wires to the motor (both black). when i went to reinstall there was a single wire hangig out by itself, i put it where i thought it would go and turned the stove on, when i pressed the auger button the green light came on but the combustion motor did not. I inserted the wire in what seemed to be the only other place it could go and everything started up fine. I pressed the manual feel button and there was a loub pop followed by a spark behind the rocker button and now the stove is completeley without power. What i need first is a schematic to ensure i have everything wired correctly, some wires are in place using wire nuts, and second what does this sound like?

Status
Not open for further replies.