Porch loaded up. Ready for the cold!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

7acres

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2013
South East USA
This year I feel like I've got a true end to end process going. This will be our third season scrounging, harvesting, CSSing and finally fueling the stove. Each year prior there was always some awkward aspect that I corrected after the season. Everything is finally feeling slick and elegant as we head into our third year running a wood stove.

My oldest boy (the one in my profile pic) is even able to help move splits on and off the stacks. He's turning out to really want to do his part and be very helpful. Here are a few photos from this week.

My oldest boy won't let me do anything without him trying to help in his own small way.
Nico.jpg

Hinged front porch upgraded after Year 1. It super simplified porch reloads. Seems like we do about five reloads per Winter.
Porch 2.jpg

Topped off front porch. Kindling basket new this year filled with 1yr seasoned splitter mess from last year's splitting.
Porch1.jpg

And we're ready for the cold weather now! Wife can't wait. She LOOOOOOOVES the wood stove.

Reactions: Woody harrelson
start em young! he will love that picture in the future of him running a splitter with a binky in his mouth. good job dad

Reactions: 7acres
start em young! he will love that picture in the future of him running a splitter with a binky in his mouth. good job dad

After each split he gave me a cute thumbs up. Yeah, we split the wood! I always help you, Dad!

To which I reply...
Back! (Ram goes back)...
I load a log...
GO!
He throws his weight against the lever...
Crack!

Haha nice! I got 3 that help me. One 8 year old and twin 7 year olds. They have been doing it many years already.

"LTD" Living the Dream !

Status
Not open for further replies.