Post 3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Mother Nature did put down some nice size White Pine 4 milling.

Attachments

• 100_7298.JPG
    100_7298.JPG
    311.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_7299.JPG
    100_7299.JPG
    304.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_7300.JPG
    100_7300.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_7301.JPG
    100_7301.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Hard to tell how big they are in the pictures.
3rd pic looks nasty , keep you head up with it.

Be careful brother. Take your time on cutting, I'm thinking you have your hands really full, I hope you don't get anymore storms like that for a while.....

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Bogy, some might be big enough 4 milling, plenty of wood down. I still need to check the higher wind areas, I'm just hoping certain trees in those areas are okay.

S.O., I'll be careful, easy chit first. A Flash Flood Watch is on for or area, AccuWeather is saying we might get some high winds :eek: I just hope we don't get the high winds, we have enough down.

I did stop by the Wood Chop Chop this morning to pick up some 2 cycle engine oil, if it's not raining I'll be in working during the week & weekend. Some of it will be easy cutting so I'm looking at bucking up five trees a day on the weekends, we'll see how the frame holds up.

Reactions: ScotO
zap, has your power come back on yet?

zap, has your power come back on yet?
Last night around 8 or 9, about two hours after I took a cold shower.!!! People are complaining about being out of power but I think the crews did a good job, this area has a chit load of trees down, the worst we've been hit since we moved here.

Good for you. Now you can take care of the generator so it will be ready for the next round.

Reactions: zap
Status
Not open for further replies.