Post Your Favorite Stove Tools

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My latest stove tool....the truck, equipped with a 25 gal. air compressor with 100' of retractable hose, stove grinder, wire wheel and polishing pads plus all of my tool and inventory all mobile.
2012-05-23_10-20-00_101.jpg

Reactions: Eatonpcat
What drives the compressor?

ETA: Looks like a really nice rig!

Wow.... Not gonna get many pics from us. Especially when your packing that ;)

I wanna see the inside/back of it... Screw my Shop vac, leaf blower, lint-eater, random brushes/scrapers, headlight, and pellet sifter. You got the set-up Scott. Nice.... Very Nice! !!

Hi Scott

How many miles to the gallon does it get?

Can you get a stove in it for an install or does it have a landscape trailer with a fold down ramp?

Now all you need is a computerized pattern cutter to make any size Lytherm Gasket!
something like this?
http://ruizhou.en.alibaba.com/produ...erized_contorl_pattern_cutter_of_apparel.html

or this?

http://jingweicadcam.en.alibaba.com.../Computer_Garment_Pattern_Cutter_Plotter.html

Also where are the big Rolls of Graphite Impregnated Door Gasket Rope?

Scott,
If you put in a 2nd battery and paralell the two you could run an inverter and power that compressor,grinder, etc independantly.

Looks like a great mobile set up!

Scott,
If you put in a 2nd battery and paralell the two you could run an inverter and power that compressor,grinder, etc independantly.

Or maybe a gas generator?

Scott,

Yeah, was looking at that, the inverter was $600 so I got to curb it till fall

Nice truck. Also good to see the young man involved, My kids grew up with wood and then oil. Pellets came when I retired and oil threatened to use up much of my Monthly income.
If I were to post a picture of my favorite stove tool it difinnitly would be the leaf blower.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
On the right is my burn pot scrapper for those hard to remove speed bumps, and on the left is my burn pot bubble remover. I got these early so when the time comes that I own a Harman Furnace I'll be ready.

Currently my favorite is the leaf blower.

Attachments

• IM000161.jpeg
    IM000161.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: Defiant
I like my Dremel tool for grinding the hard ash off of the pot floor on my Quad AE. And my leaf blower.

Hello

I guess my favorite tool, is the Pellet Stove Testing & Rebuilding Lab. I can put any stove thru it's paces!

This is where I found CSS - Cold Start Syndrome on older control boxes and control boards.

Attachments

• PelletStoveTestingLab.jpg
    PelletStoveTestingLab.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 111
Hello

I guess my favorite tool, is the Pellet Stove Testing & Rebuilding Lab. I can put any stove thru it's paces!

This is where I found CSS - Cold Start Syndrome on older control boxes and control boards.
How much?

Hi Joey

All the materials I got from Home Depot and 2 other Lumber stores but any shed will do. The average price is 3k mine was a little more, but a good pellet stove can cost the same! After refurbishing 5 stoves I have paid for half of it already!

Try this On-Line Shed Builder to estimate the cost of your shed
http://www.postwoodworking.com/build-your-shed

I tried with a 10x10 shed with T-111 siding and it came out to approx $3k ! See screen shots below.

This does not count the cost of Electrical and ground prep.
I did all the electrical and ground prep myself and saved a fortune!

Attachments

• ShedBuilder10x10.jpg
    ShedBuilder10x10.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 112
  • ShedBuilderCost10x10.jpg
    ShedBuilderCost10x10.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: Defiant
Hi Joey

All the materials I got from Home Depot and 2 other Lumber stores but any shed will do. The average price is 3k mine was a little more, but a good pellet stove can cost the same! After refurbishing 5 stoves I have paid for half of it already!
Nice Donny!!!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.