Post Your Hearth Photo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corie

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
Camp Hill, PA
We had a post your picture thread, we need one for the stoves too! This way craig could just go through that thread and add all the pictures to the photo gallery. Plus, with all the new installations this year, there will be a lot of eye candy.

Maybe we can even make it a contest, where the best photo and the best installation get voted on and the winner gets a hearthnet t-shirt or hat or something? Idk- Thoughts?

I think It's a great idea! My stove is going into an unfinshed basement so no eye candy here.

I posted this a couple weeks ago in the gallery, but I guess I can post it one last time. Hey, I gotta get some "picture points" for turning my pregnant wife into "twins" right? :)

New install. VC Dutchwest Large Non-Cat

Attachments

• maliastove.JPG
    maliastove.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,455
According to my wife wood stoves are not a swap meet item Wait a minute here is another one All past pictures are now of stoves I no longer own

Need to start posting pics of wood stoves with victoria's secret models.... Sorry... a little fantasy.

Well, maybe that could be a good sales technique. Works for cars, why not wood stoves?

Pacific Energy Summit . "Classic" ~Porcelain Enamel "Sunset Red" * 97,000 BTU * Heating Capacity up to 3000 sq.ft. * 3.0 cf. fire box * Efficiency 73.5% * Emmissions 3.5 gm/hr. * Non-cat Stainless steel secondary burn chamber * EBT Technology (extended burn technology) * Hard wood burn times 8-12 hours * 1/4" steel fire box - 3/8" steel top plate * Front to back loading * Lifetime Warranty all but fire bricks-air inlet cover ** Ash pan option ** Door/Legs/Trivet color option: Black *

Attachments

• 7a.JPG
    7a.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,301
  • P.E..JPG
    P.E..JPG
    41 KB · Views: 1,322
Well... here goes... still making progress... had the liner installed and now I couldn't wait to do a test burn.... still have a little more work to do on the placement and block off plate. This is only a somewhat temporary setup, but you can see in the picture that Block is already drooling over his new wood stove.

Attachments

• First burn 1.JPG
    First burn 1.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,371
Block buddy....get ahold of yourself!!! He is probably going to start checking the woodpile for quantity vs. just chipmunks...

That really looks sharp Harley...

That is a beautiful stove and installation guy. The stove looks even better than it did sitting on the floor next to the construction work.

You guys that can build things make me crazy!

Thanks, guys... really happy with the way it came out so far - just a little bit more to do - but it will be all done soon. And Block REALLY loves his new stove!

Hmmm... maybe he could be the official wood stove tester of Hearth.net (after the signoff from Elk) Elk could do the safety inspections, and Block could do the "comfort level" inspections - could be a pretty good team.

hilly said:
Here's my set up:
Yeah , Yeah ........I knew you were going to show up with that picture . Some guys can have a "hearth" and some are not so lucky with the lack of room . ( ME! ) Truth be told i dont think thats your hearth ......... You got that picture of the net somewhere ............ Ha . AWESOME set up ! Just awesome . And that goes for all you ole' "HEARTH" guys .

Yeah If I get any crap I can sick the dog. Good idea but I have a nice dog well actually two if one counts my daughter's dog being here all the time

Well here goes: I hand picked the stone from my lot and mimicked cobble stone as close as I could. I built the familly room where my second stove resides and the chimney the cobble stone runs floor to ceiling. The Vermont Castings Intrepid cat stove was being thrown away, I rescued it rebuilt it and it works beyond expectations. The contest should be for DIY not professionals like myself
I disqualify my entry. More photos later on the rebuild Encore note the Intrepid has a custom built griddle handle

Note no clearance to combustiable issues. It is vented into a separate 8/8 clay. flue I also built the chimney, not pictured but behind the cobble stone

Attachments

• Intrepid.jpg
    Intrepid.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,259
Roospike said:
hilly said:
Here's my set up:
Yeah , Yeah ........I knew you were going to show up with that picture . Some guys can have a "hearth" and some are not so lucky with the lack of room . ( ME! ) True be told i dont think thats your hearth ......... You got that picture of the net somewhere ............ Ha . AWESOME set up ! Just awesome . And that goes for all you ole' "HEARTH" guys .
Thanks Roo! We have lived here about a year and a half, but got the insert this past March. It really bugged me that we could not use the central feature of the home, because I refused to burn in an open fireplace. Now, however I have about five cords of dry wood sitting in my shed and I'm ready for winter!

Thanks, Don... looks a little familiar with the layout, doesn't it? I only did the hearth extension... the rest of the fireplace was there when I bought the house - but I think it looks good like that.

Hilly... that is a beautiful setup

Elk.... very, very nice job with the cobblestone there. Are you sure you don't want to partner up with Block and go on the road? He does like riding in a truck, but it's pretty rare that I let him drive.

Warren said:
Need to start posting pics of wood stoves with victoria's secret models.... Sorry... a little fantasy.

Well, maybe that could be a good sales technique. Works for cars, why not wood stoves?

Hey Warren, These guys beat you to it. Check out these vintage 1970's photo ads. The stoves are no longer produced, so I guess the chicks weren't all that effective at selling stoves. Maybe they should have tried bathing suits instead of winter clothing.

http://mb-soft.com/juca/index.html

Here's my stove. A VC Winter Warm Large Cast Iron Catalytic Beauty.

Attachments

• WW+Babe.jpg
    WW+Babe.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,142
Babe wins the contest hands down. Hey moe what is all that soot I see around the insert on the bricks?

Mo, your stove is great but your boar's head creeps me out. Did you kill it? There is just something about tusked animals staring at me blankly. Even stuffed.

Way off ot here but a little insite to Harley spike and other as to my personality
I once had a prize 1954 Indian Motor cycle I completely rebuilt. When done, it was practically a show stopper.
it was that good. but I got married and the new misses did not share the same enthusiasum I had for it .
It became the Indian or me. Well I'm still married and the Indian is gone. Latter on I was making a lot on building and developing so I bought a few classic cars to rebuild Two vintage 289 mustangs and an 1971 LT1 Vette. All gone financing college.
I would go to bike week but my ride is long gone. I can tell you every head would turn if I rode in on my 1954 Indian

Had a BSA scrambler where I changed the scrambler gears to full racing gears. Man the single bafflet muffler, everyone knew I was comming 3 miles away. noisy bike ever made. Norton 750 comando never owned a harly. The wife made me get rid of the LT1 vette. I got on the accelerator a bit brought it up to 7000 RPMS going from second to third slamed the shift lifted the front wheels off the ground and she pissed my seat, last ride she ever had in my Vette. Also one of my last rides.

Elk... nice bike... any pictures of it you can share? I'd love to get an old indian to restore.... but doesn't fit the budget right now (nor do I have the time), so it's sticking with the '03 Deuce. Had a '69 427/390 vette. Had the body off, redid the frame, suspension and interior... but sold it to buy the house about 12 years ago.... figured the vette would fair well off on a dirt road.

the 71 LT1 vette was stored in a barn in NH the last registration sticker was from 1978 No rust on the frame and the fiber glass mint however all gass lines breakes rotoe=rs vcalipers and the rest junk from sitting same with the gas tank rusted threw but all vacume light covers and tack worked. Interior was crap too I replaced and rebuilt what needed to be done did you know the LT! red lined at 7500rpms Did I mention side exhaust. 42k original miles I will have to go threw old photo to see If I have anything from the past to post.

Yeah it was fast especially over 5000 rmps I had the sweetest 93 cobra installed ram air man for a 5.0 did that move. My wife had one too many glasses of wine one night missed the last 3 steps going down the staris breakes her ankle cannot drive the car she needed to engage the chutch witha broken ankle Got rid of it had to last preformance I seen since with ram air got 23 mpg
Izusu 4 banger PK is what I drive now most of the time. Owned some other cars of note 57 chevy 55 Tbird 58 Vett 64.5 mustang 1965 mustang gt Mark I 1970 Z28 Comarro 1971 240 Z rebuilt a 1968 Jag xke Austin heally 3000 TR6 Corvair monza Turbo charges stubaker Night hawk Man was that fast Won a few $$ per gears with that one. So fast I soon ran out of takers as news spread that car would dust off GTO.. 390 hp Stangs, 442, Chargers including hemi. I just plain was fast looked like a common studbaker lark but the turbo ... Memories...I was not always the mild mannered Inspector We all have to grow up but there is still a little kid left in me.. But no more money to use it My kids colleges took care of that. But I think I did ok in the exchange
Cornell Wheaton and Villanova

elkimmeg wife Ellen first daughter kim second daughter meg elkimmeg Could not figure how to get my son Dan in there

elk, that soot is from the old glass fireplace doors. never cleaned it off. i was hoping it might disappear by itself. ;)

shane, yeah. i shot Babe with a western .44 mag pistola. 185 lbs of mean florida hog converted into 100 lbs of dog food and that trophy. The racoons got the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.