Power flickering issues....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Big Norm

Nov 9, 2017
Maine
Hey all new to the site and excited to be here. I have an Englander 25 pdvc. I am looking forward to helping and getting help here. That being said I have an interesting issue that I'm wondering if anybody else has seen. I recently put my stove on a Sentry backup system. My issue is the power flickered very quickly a couple of times then stayed on. The sentry never had to take over as the flickering was so quick. Once the power was settled out my room blower did not come back on. While I plan on checking it later I assume it's either the blower stat or the control board. When you hit on the stove will take off and run fine.

Does the sentry system have surge protection? Englanders really dont like voltage changes.

Verry good. I would check all your connections to the control board and the rest of the components. Sounds like something is loose, if a bang on the stove makes it work. Unplug stove while you do that

Is this a Zoeller Pump Sentry backup system?

Last edited:
Verry good. I would check all your connections to the control board and the rest of the components. Sounds like something is loose, if a bang on the stove makes it work. Unplug stove while you do that
My bad I didn't mean to hit on the stove I meant hit the on button, sorry

Is this a Zoeller Pump Sentry backup system?
Yes an sec 912
The reason I asked is that system may not provide very clean AC power. Not certain, I can't find the specs, but a pump is going to be less fussy than electronics. Can't find any data on an sec 912 either.

The reason I asked is that system may not provide very clean AC power. Not certain, I can't find the specs, but a pump is going to be less fussy than electronics. Can't find any data on an sec 912 either.
Yes, it's a pure sine wave so that the electronics will be safe. The stoves don't like that chopped wave.

I
it's an sec America 912. I believe they are in Vermont. They make the pump sentries, dealer is alternative heating in ct

Based on your description the flickering and room blower issue may be just coincidental. If banging on the stove made it work again I would unplug the unit and check all connections in the blower circuit. It could be a spade lug connector did not get fully pushed on a lug of a snap switch, blower motor, control board, etc..