Pre-EPS Woodstove by Dominion MFG, Bridgewater, Virginia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jimmyb4000

Mar 20, 2017
Virginia
door.jpg Front.jpg inside.jpg top.jpg door.jpg Front.jpg inside.jpg Good morning all. I am attempting to find some information on an old stove that I am interested in purchasing/refinishing. I have been unable to find anything online, so I figured I would reach out to the pros.
The stove I am interested in is free-standing and has a steel firebox with a cast iron door. It also appears to have convection tubes on the inside with a uniquely designed top surface.
The cast door is stamped with -Dominion MFG, Bridgewater, VA-.
Does anyone have any information or experience with this unit?

Thank you

I know nothing about the stove but am curious. Is there a baffle in it over the firebrick? The door looks like it might have a channel in it for a gasket. If so, that should be part of the refurb.

Good call on the new gasket. I am not sure about the baffle. I will likely add one if I decide to purchase. I am hoping to find someone with positive things to say about this unit before I start talking $$.

thanks

I know nothing about the stove but am curious. Is there a baffle in it over the firebrick? The door looks like it might have a channel in it for a gasket. If so, that should be part of the refurb.

It looks like it would be very hard to retrofit a baffle due to the pipes in the firebox. I might take the stove for free, but wouldn't pay anything for it.

Reactions: bholler
I agree with bg that stove is not worth any more than scrap value. It may work ok but there just is no value there.

those pipes pass through and open on the bottom as well? just interested.

I did not reach under the bottom plate to see if they came all the way through. I am starting to wonder if this was a home-made firebox with an old furnace door attached.
Just cannot seem to find any solid info about this stove or company.

I was just kinda guessing that that is what they might do so as to increase the heat out put.

Was hoping this use this stove in my basement as an all-nighter to assist with the main floor stove. I guess I will keep looking. Thank you all for your input.
-Jim