Pretty neat !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

suprz

Sep 24, 2012
Rhode island
I have never had a cat stove before, (last stove i had was a VC Vigilant) well, we have been having small "break in" fires for the last 2 nights and tonight we cranked up the fire and i closed the main damper cut the air down to halfway and engaged the cat.....wow...the flames got lazy and had blue wisps of color and all of a sudden some great heat started to crank out of the stove! It was a completely different animal from the last 2 nights. I was burning small splits and a couple of biobricks and it was really nice to see how this stove could easily go for hours on a few good splits of hardwood. Right now it has a bed of red hot coals and it will probably last for at least a few more hours. Nice....

And I keep thinking back about hearing all the bad talk about cat stoves. We were to the point where we did not want to even consider buying one. Long story short, we did buy one and couldn't be happier.

Glad that is working out nicely for you suprz.

Once you go cat you will never go back..lol.

The best combination is a dog next to a hot cat!

Pretty neat !

Great picture. You see so many animals on this site taking up residence in front of the stove

Great looking stove and hearth Tony!

Ray

Thanks Ray. And that's coming from someone that knows about what it takes to make a great Hearth!
The dog has claimed all the hearth real estate.

Reactions: raybonz
Thanks Ray. And that's coming from someone that knows about what it takes to make a great Hearth!
The dog has claimed all the hearth real estate.
Thanx Tony my hearth is OK because I got it done otherwise it's no big deal.. Yours looks great!

Ray

My dog (you can see in my avitar) quite possibly has some coyote in him and hates the stove. He was happier when I would put on a hoodie and keep it around 60 in here all winter. Ever since the stove started cooking and keeping it above 70 24-7 he heads out his doggy door and sleeps in the snow. He is the only person - man, woman or beast that complains about the warmth so he can have the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.