Pretty sure I've settled on the Englander 13NCH... BUT.........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of doing a 90 degree turn here, but are there any pellet stoves that would achieve the same outcome for the same price range?
Just trying to thoroughly research every option I can!

Thanks again!!

Don

Kind of doing a 90 degree turn here, but are there any pellet stoves that would achieve the same outcome for the same price range?

Thanks again!!

Don

You are now dead to me.:mad: ---;lol;lol.

Joking aside - if you pose your heating needs in the pellet mill forum, there are plenty of fine folks that could line you up with a machine that will serve your purpose.

Ups and downs to both wood and pellet heating.

Reactions: raybonz
HA HA HA I REALLY like the idea of wood, just wanted to see if it made $$ sense to look at pellets....

please don't make me leave the WOOD forum !!! :)

HA HA HA I REALLY like the idea of wood, just wanted to see if it made $$ sense to look at pellets....

please don't make me leave the WOOD forum !!! :)

There will likely be a couple of folks browsing this thread that can pipe in on pellet options, but you would get a wider response if you talk to the folks over there. It really isn't too scary once you get the hang of "igniters, and augers and control boards...." ;lol

Thanks again!!

Don
you didnt say what your current heat source is (unless I missed it) but if you currently have a natural gas furnace its cheaper to run your furnace than burn pellets

I assume you mean PE not PA? While I like the looks of the NC13 I despise the hearth requirements. I am a big advocate of ember only hearth protection stoves and have compiled an incomplete list which I will post in this post:

All Pacific Energy Alderlea stoves
All Pacific Energy models
Lopi Endeavor
Lopi Revere
Blaze King Chinook
Blaze King Princess
Blaze King Sirocco
Blaze King Chinook 20
Hampton H200 (unsure, manual gives conflicting information)
Regency CS1200
Jotul F100

Ray
Hi Ray - fwiw, you can add the Osburn (2200) to the list - ember protection only, as per the manual and their tech support. I don't know if this also applies to other models as well...

The Jotul 3 and the Englander 17 vl both have a 10 inch rear clearance I believe. The Englander17 has great clearances all around, is a no nonsense steel stove, affordable with a nice look, and very efficient. The firebox is small but laid out in a way that allows more capacity then you'd think . With the included blower it throws some serious heat without a large footprint. Plus they have customer service that you can actually reach.

The Jotul 3 and the Englander 17 vl both have a 10 inch rear clearance I believe. The Englander17 has great clearances all around, is a no nonsense steel stove, affordable with a nice look, and very efficient. The firebox is small but laid out in a way that allows more capacity then you'd think . With the included blower it throws some serious heat without a large footprint. Plus they have customer service that you can actually reach.

Good stoves but they are small area heaters and don't really meet criteria #3.

Like everyone that is installing a wood stove I have a list of criteria that I am trying to meet:
1.COST.
2. Rear clearance is a HUGE one for us.
3. Firebox size, etc.

Seriously, thank you all for the brainstorming!!!

So far I THINK the Drolet is winning out. There are other stoves that I LOVE, like the PE Vista, but just too much cash!

Thanks again for all the great ideas!

Reactions: Big Donnie Brasco
Hi Ray - fwiw, you can add the Osburn (2200) to the list - ember protection only, as per the manual and their tech support. I don't know if this also applies to other models as well...

There are many more stoves to add to this list. Englander VL17, Century stoves, some Napoleons, etc.

Yes, I think several other Quads too.

Done.. thanx! :)

Ray

There are many more stoves to add to this list. Englander VL17, Century stoves, some Napoleons, etc.
Done thanx! I want specific models of which Napoleons have this rating. I will add them once I know which models fit the bill..

Ray

Yes, I think several other Quads too.
I will need specific models if all not ember protection only.. The list is growing! ;)

Ray

Thanks again!!

Don

not going to find a pellet stove at the price range short of a used unit or catching one on clearance. OTOH, the units do have close clearance requirements and most are "ember only" floor protection with no need for additional wall protection. also you cant really "process" your own fuel with pellet, and its going to require electricity to operate so its not as good an option as a sole heat source, woodstove doesn't need this which make it ideal for a stand alone heat source that doesn't need power

Status
Not open for further replies.