Preway Chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherm

Oct 26, 2016
Fish Creek, WI
Hello,

I am renovating an old farmhouse. I have a Preway DW36 DR built in fireplace and chimney. The fireplace and chimney were installed in to a bump out that runs up past the roof. The chimney appears to be 100% supported by the stove as I see no additional supports.

The goal is to put in a freestanding wood burning stove with a chimney running up this structure.

I see Preway is long gone. The tag on the chimney pipe says it is Type HT. Can you tell me if this is double or triple wall and if this can be used with a wood burning stove (assuming the condition is usable).

The fireplace was operating as gas (propane) but I heard from someone who knew the owner that this same unit was used for wood burning. Not sure if that is possible?

Is there any way I can re-use this chimney or is it a tear out and start from scratch?

Thanks!

20161018_115634.jpg 20161026_123218.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.