Princess Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

panderson03

Oct 21, 2018
minnesota
I have a Princess. The thermostat's lowest position used to be at the 12 o'clock position (lowest) and be wide open at the 6 o'clock position. Now, the thermostat can go counter clockwise past 12:00 to about 7:00. how much of a problem is this and what is the fix? thanks for your help

Sounds like the classic slipping knob, a common problem that's easily fixed. There's a set screw affixing the knob to the shaft. Turn stove to wide open, loosen screw, reset knob to correct clocking, and retighten.

I have a Princess. The thermostat's lowest position used to be at the 12 o'clock position (lowest) and be wide open at the 6 o'clock position. Now, the thermostat can go counter clockwise past 12:00 to about 7:00. how much of a problem is this and what is the fix? thanks for your help

Totally normal to be able to spin the knob way lower than midnight. Minimum setting is much lower than 180 degrees from maximum.

On my 2023 Princess the air control is marked minimum at 3:00 and maximum at 6:00. It does turn lower than 3:00, though - to around 1:00 or 1:30. Setting it to 2:00 is enough to reduce a large fire to just barely above cat stall, so I generally don't do that.

If your air control used to stop at 12 and now goes to 7, then I agree with Ashful about checking for a slipping knob. Suggest posting the results either way.

On the other hand, going to 11 is traditional.