1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Probe thermometer on telescoping double wall pipe question

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by sub100, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sub100

sub100 New Member

Loc:
    missouri
    I would like to install a probe thermometer on my telescoping pipe but the area where it needs to be placed is right where the telescoping pipe slide together. Basically the outside layer of pipe is doubled. Will this cause any problems with the installation? I might be able to move it up but I'm not sure if that will give a reading that is not truly accurate. It is the Simpson Duravent.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    Drill baby drill. It will be fine but realize that you will be going through four layers of metal since the inside is also doubled. The next time you try and telescope the pipe it will scratch and resist the telescoping due to the metal shavings but that is to be expected. The vertical location of the probe is specified in the instructions so I would stick to it unless you're talking about a couple of inches and then I would move it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.