Problems with Low Power Setting (earth stove pellet)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John C. Deitz

Feb 7, 2007
My Earth Stove runs fan continuously when set on low, causing the fire to go out. The fan should run only when feed is on when the low setting is employed. The rheostat is set "off". This is a new problem. If I recall corectly a similar problem occured in the past and was repaired for 175.00. Any one know the problem and less costly repair?
Thanks, John

What kind of Earth stove do you own ?

Stove is Earth Stove model MP250, 1992. I understand that Earth Stove is now owned by Lenox Hearth (1999). If I "nurse" the start-up operation along with manual feed and rate control for the first twenty minutes or so I can get the thing warm enough to run with the power set at medium. However, fire goes out and blowers run continuously if set to low settings. Even with teh rocker switch set to "unit off" the blowers will run as soon as the unit is plugged in.
John

Sounds like it needs a new snap switch, assuming that is how they thermostatically control the blower.

Thanks for the input on the snap switch. How do I go about replacing it? I assume this is inexpensive and something the user can do?
John

John, I'm just speaking generically as I don't have the manual for this stove. Do you have a parts or wiring diagram you can post?

No, I do NOT have a schematic. I do have the old part that was replaced when I had this problem before, but the designation on the part can no longer be read. I guess I shold look for the same part on the stove now and see if I can read the labeling?

You should be able to call up your local Lennoxhearth dealer and get the info for parts location. Check the web for nearest dealerto you.

I got a parts list from the web. It looks like there are 3 snap switches. You'll want to be sure you get and replace the right one. It looks like #15057 is the part. If you're nice to the dealer, he might even let you copy the manual.

FWIW, these switches are cheap enough that I'd replace all three of them while I have the stove open. They're all the same age. Keep the older ones as spares, but label them carefully first.

This place might also have the parts if you have no local dealers:
http://www.woodheatstoves.com/

Attachments

• ES-MP250.jpg
    ES-MP250.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 511
Status
Not open for further replies.