Problems with new stove, smoke in room

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Harman

Mar 21, 2022
BC
Morning I’m also looking for help and this is my first post so hope i’m in the place. I have a HARMAN Absolute -43 and each time the stove ignites I get a strong smoke smell in the room until the stove heats up! All pipe seems to be sealed well but I do see a very light bit of ash on the exhaust pipe where it exits the stove, pipe joint is sealed well so don’t feel its leaking there? Hoping some one has had the same issue and can help.

Welcome, If you can post a picture of the area where you see ash. On startup use a flashlight in darkness to look for smoke leakage.

Nice user name.I wish I had thought of it.Sounds like a leak in a pipe joint.Some times they are hard to track down.You will find it eventually.:p