Processing Pine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skier76

Minister of Fire
Apr 14, 2009
CT and SoVT
Last weekend, I used the sawbuck to cut down some pine rounds I had. The rounds were a bit too long to fit the stove. This weekend, I brought out the Fiskars and started splitting. I scrounged this pine about a year ago, so it was pretty dry and split farily easily. I plan on using this as my shoulder season wood. I also have some that I'm going to split into kindling. I currently have some kindling split, but not enough. Given that this is our weekend place, I need a good amount of kindling because I'm always getting a fire going.

Attachments

• IMG_2957.jpg
    IMG_2957.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_2966.jpg
    IMG_2966.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2967.jpg
    IMG_2967.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 243
Skier nice work, this week some time I have to split my kindling from some basswood that was bucked up last Dec and split in May.

zap

That should be nice and dry for this season zap. I should probably cut some more kindling myself. I have to redo one section of my stacks...may be a good excuse to make more kindling.

Status
Not open for further replies.