1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Protect or Fix that Flimsy Fire Brick Lining in your Wood Pellet Stove!!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Don2222, Jan 23, 2012.

1. zrtmatos

zrtmatos Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Connecticut
    I was not aware that it was there for looks only, thought it was actually insulating the firebox. I asked the dealer service department and they recommended getting it replaced. Said that the heat could damage the stove. Hmm? Unfortunately this would have been covered under the warranty from the original owner, but not now since I purchased it. Doesn't transfer.
    Thanks for that info Don2222.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. zrtmatos

zrtmatos Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Connecticut
    I ended up using furnace cement on the joints that had cracked and laying the pieces on a piece of flat sheet metal I bought at the big orange box. It all held together and after a hour's bonding time I have it placed in the stove burning so as to cure; recommended by the furnace cement manufacturer. I will let you know if it held after the next thorough cleaning.​
  3. Shaw520

Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Modena
    I would have to agree,.. not only protecting the internal components of the stove,.. but reflecting the heat back into the firebox where its supposed to be.