Ps4 vs Xbox one

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
Ok. Spill it. I know the ps4 is said to have better graphics and faster hardware. I have wanted to get the ps4 since it came out. But of course Xbox one has better deals from what I see on "Black Friday ". So now I don't know what to do. Try and get the system I wanted or get the system with a better deal?
Opinions on these?

I am an xbox360 guy and plan to go to PS next time. The PS doesn't require memberships and logging on to do things with it. Some games are exclusive to the consoles as well. I don't do the multiplayer online junk so I do not pay for a membership. If you are a subscriber then the choice is harder.

I know the Wii U cannot compare in terms of graphics, but the other day my wife mentioned the idea of upgrading our system. She likes the Wii's system of motion control . . . is the Wii U worth the cost? . . . do the other systems have anything comparable?

I've got a PS4 and am finding it more useful every time they update the OS. This month they added a YouTube app that can sync with your iPhone/iPad which really puts the PS4 over the top for me. Sony is also releasing some kind of "choose your own" cable next year for use on their systems. I'm sure Xbox has a lot of cool tricks too but I've always been a PS fan.

nintendo-entertainment-system.jpg
This was my last gaming system....

Reactions: firefighterjake
View attachment 144604
This was my last gaming system....

Hah. I still have one of these. I'm trying to find a way to make this work (easily) with HDMI. I also have an Atari 2600 laying around. Getting these things to work with newer TV's and receivers is not as straight forward as I hoped!

I'm old school, still break out the Atari 1974 Pong/Tennis. Three games to choose from with three different levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.