PSG Caddy vs Super Jack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CrappieKeith said:
True ikessky.....our dear freind layne is trying to build up his choice in funaces like is has something to do with who he is as a person.
Been seeing this for months now and it's getting old.

Layne......getting some build up in a flue is going to be always there when burning wood. It's the nature of the beast and therefore some resposibility will always be there when someone chooses to burn wood instead of high priced liquid fuel.
To think you'll never brush out a flue is ridiculus.
I brush mine out once a year.
I also run my stack temps up high periodically over the coarse of the heating season to help burn out any small amounts of dried creosote deposits.
There will always be some labor when you are looking for the big payback.....nobody can sit at home all week doing nothing and then expect a guy to stop by on fri. with a paycheck for him.

Now as to the 20 hour burn times.
Here ya go assuming again Layne....which is all to normal for you.
I get 20 hour burn times when I need them like when I go 2 hours away guiding a ice fishing trip and I could be gone that long.
I refuse to pay for liquid fuel, so I'll set up my Big Jack to give me that burn rate.I must admit it's great to have that option.
My furnace does not load up either.
If I did that day in and day out I could see where my pipe would see a buildup of creosote,but I don't. My normal 12-15 hour burn times are just fine.
I can load it in the am and pm and it run 24/7 that way .I never have to re light my furnace and like I said before I clean out my flue once a season.

We are also American Made not Canadian.

Isnt Canada North American and still American made????

I love the PSG furnaces and have sold many locally. Also, for LOCAL folks, I will always match any internet pricing to keep the business local. I have also sold the Yukons in the past and have NEVER had a problem with the product or the service. We just installed a huge EPA Certified wood/oil Max Caddy in a local chain saw shop..what a beautiful piece of equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.