Pulled the triger on a ms362

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a 362 in my hands they wanted $719.95 with No perks . Will check other local dealer ,don't like him as well but he does give perks .chains ,oil

Also wondered as to a husky that size

Thoughts

see a 562 husky looks interesting Til I spotted The part about programing the saw with a computer ............. scares me

Every time I walk into the dealer I am tempted by that 562XP. Hmmm, I might be able to buy iot, try it, and flip it if I don't like it. NO DAMMIT! YOU NEED ANOTHER SAW LIKE YOU NEED A HOLE IN YOUR HEAD! But it's just so technologically advanced, and that new orange and grey color scheme is just so sexy.... It won't hurt to try it, your wife won't mind. Just do it. KEEP WALKING MORON!! $700 WILL GO A LONG WAYS TOWARDS THAT WELDER YOU ACTUALLY NEED!! But I gotta know if it's better than an MS361/2 right? INFIDEL!! EVERYONE KNOWS THE MS361 IS THE BEST SAW EVER MADE!! Oh really, convince me... SHUT UP, GET YOUR CRAP, AND GET OUTTA HERE BEFORE YOU SPEND A YEARS WORTH OF WOOD ON ANOTHER SAW!!

Anybody else's internal voices keep 'em on the straight and narrow? ;lol;em

Reactions: bogydave

Oh...well thats embarrassing. I thought you were quoting the voices in MY head.

Reactions: MasterMech
Every time I walk into the dealer I am tempted by that 562XP. Hmmm, I might be able to buy iot, try it, and flip it if I don't like it. NO DAMMIT! YOU NEED ANOTHER SAW LIKE YOU NEED A HOLE IN YOUR HEAD! But it's just so technologically advanced, and that new orange and grey color scheme is just so sexy.... It won't hurt to try it, your wife won't mind. Just do it. KEEP WALKING MORON!! $700 WILL GO A LONG WAYS TOWARDS THAT WELDER YOU ACTUALLY NEED!! But I gotta know if it's better than an MS361/2 right? INFIDEL!! EVERYONE KNOWS THE MS361 IS THE BEST SAW EVER MADE!! Oh really, convince me... SHUT UP, GET YOUR CRAP, AND GET OUTTA HERE BEFORE YOU SPEND A YEARS WORTH OF WOOD ON ANOTHER SAW!!

+1
I want a 362 & a 562
Don't need either.

The 192c-e is a rear handle. The 192t c-e is a top handle. Same saw with different handles. The 192c-e is under homeowner saws.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/homeowner-saws/ms192ce/

I see said the blind man, in my defense stihl site is not working well & I don't have the patience to wait forever . but any how I really like mine ,its a screamer & great starter (knock wood) I will have 362 soon .was going to get new stove ,now not .So I got money & I only got 2 saws ,I really NEED that 3rd so I can reach collector status :p

Stihl web has 25'' listed as upper range for the 362

You crazy PNW people. You have the best all purpose firewood saw on the market and you are putting a bar on it that throws the balance out of whack. Get a 18-20 bar on that sucker and enjoy the ergonomics it was designed around. (mummbmle...crazy people...mummblemumble...)>>

And as Stihlhead pointed out - it doesn't have enough oiler on it to support the 28" bar.

That is only because of the oiler limitation. You can get around that with the 460 pump parts. Also with a 28 a skip tooth chain will run just fine on it (and many people do just that here in the wild west). I know that makes people with Shrimpy Bar Disease cringe back east and call us CRAZY, but that is the way it is here. A high number of 361/2s here were/are sold new with 28 inch B&C on them. An 18 inch bar on a 361/2 is a waste of torque IMO, so at least put on an 8 slot rim if you are going to run that small a bar on it. Take advantage of that inboard clutch and make it run like a Husky; a higher revving saw.

Hi, I am StihlHead and I have PNW longbar disease...

Reactions: DexterDay
As for stolen CL and Ebay saws:

There are several nice 362s here on CL in the $400 range. You do not have to buy new, and most of them are not stolen. I ask for receipts, and they usually have them. As for stolen saws, that was the main reason I sold off over half my collection. It was just way too much theft bait. I also write down all the serial numbers from my saws in case they are jacked. Do y'all have your serial numbers on your saws written down someplace? Also etch or write your driver's license number someplace that is not obvious but can be seen later by police or pawn shop, like inside the air filter cover, or better, under the engine top cover. That way they can be recovered pretty fast, if at all. You can also list your saw serial numbers on CL and report them to the local police and to Stihl. Make it harder for them people!

I see said the blind man, in my defense stihl site is not working well & I don't have the patience to wait forever . but any how I really like mine ,its a screamer & great starter (knock wood) I will have 362 soon .was going to get new stove ,now not .So I got money & I only got 2 saws ,I really NEED that 3rd so I can reach collector status :p

lol - I am going to get that third saw and then a 4th. Hoping I can stop at 4 and avoid this disease that they keep talking about on this board. It is hard to justify the 362 since I have the 261 and 660, but what the heck, these things seem to hold their value. Always NEED a backup to the backup's backup.

An 18 inch bar on a 361/2 is a waste of torque IMO, so at least put on an 8 slot rim if you are going to run that small a bar on it.

One of the rare times that I am gonna disagree with ya StihlHead. An 18" buried to the hilt into white oak on a MS361 is pure magic. I will actually take the rakers down a bit more than recommended and the saw will throw chips that makes it look like a snow blower.

Hoping I can stop at 4 and avoid this disease

You're past the point of no return now...you should just embrace it. Be a happy drunk...not the one that worries about drinking too much.

Reactions: StihlHead
lol - I am going to get that third saw and then a 4th. Hoping I can stop at 4 and avoid this disease that they keep talking about on this board. It is hard to justify the 362 since I have the 261 and 660, but what the heck, these things seem to hold their value. Always NEED a backup to the backup's backup.

I have a 066 and a trio of 026s, and I run my 361s the most. With an 044 I rarely run my 066 any more.

Hi, I am StihlHead and I have CAD...

I only have 2 tanks of gas ran through my new 362 and so far its a dream. I am already dropping hints to the wife that a second saw is definitely needed. I figured I would get the big one out of the way first.

Status
Not open for further replies.