Pulled the trigger!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagtec1

Burning Hunk
Dec 22, 2010
PA
Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought a stove today. Our new VC Montpelier will be installed shortly. I know that stove gets mixed reviews, but it was in our price range, and fits our limited hearth space. I can't wait to fire it up and enjoy the warmth! This forum is great and I have learned a lot going thru the archives!

Get'er done. And welcome to the addiction.

BB (patting foot patiently awaiting pics of that puppy with FIRE in it.)

Don't know much about that model, but hey it's all good. Have fun playing with your new "toy" and welcome to the forum.

Nicely done. I know a few people that own that stove and they love it. One buddy of mine has a 1500 Sq. Ft. ranch and it keeps it nice and toasty. Enjoy it in good health.
Welcome to the forum!!

Welcome and congrats on your new insert! Enjoy the total experience.

One hint from an old timer, after your installation is completed, your wood fuel is the biggest and most important variable in how your stove performs.
Keep us in the loop on how it is going.

Well, it looks like it will be another 3 weeks or so. Turns out the Montpelier is back ordered. They are trying to find one in the meantime, but otherwise we will have to wait. Bummer.

I have this unit. Great choice. Prepare to "learn to burn" to optimize heat output though. There is a great thread with posts by other Montpelier owners. Enjoy!

not the best pic, but here is my montpelier in biscuit.......she is a beauty, a bit tempermental as to her wood though, i actually just went to the envi bricks today and they burn and heat extraordinary......good luck, you will love her.....just one question.......did you not have clearance for the new merrimack? i know she is not as asthetically pleasingf but the firebox is SO much bigger......was not available when i bought mine or i would have gone for the bigger box.....

Attachments

• 0107112232a.jpg
    0107112232a.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 166
Hearth depth was an issue, which is why we selected this flush unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.