Quad CB1200 vent adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sully3

Sep 17, 2013
Poconos, PA
Hi all, just joined the site today but have been reading and learning a ton from you all. Recently acquired a CB 1200 that a friend of a friend was getting rid of. Told me upfront that he could not get it to work. He had a tech install a new thermo coup and thought he had the problem fixed. Anyway, got it for 250.00 he just wanted it gone. Tore it all apart, found that the thermo coupling he had installed was a used one and was broke. Also the door gasket was shot. Replaced them and runs great. Installing in my basement and using 3" simpson duravent pipe. Went to put the stove pipe adapter on and it is a very loose fit, part # is 33079. At least an 1/8" gap all around the stove pipe. I would think it should be a snug fit given what it is going on. Anyone here run into this on theres. This is my first stove and this connection doesn't look right

I would just liberally "Goob" (technical term) the sealing surface of it with RTV Silicone & smooosh it into place.
It'll seal just fine. It may take a bit of an effort to remove it if you ever need to, but that may never happen...

Extra high temp silicone with work, but if you want a nice tight mechanical fit you wound need to have a custom made adapter.

Thanks guys, I can only assume that the people at Dura Vent have a different meaning as to how a pipe joint should fit. Waiting on the wall thimble to arrive then on with the install. I'll be sure to use RTV on all pipe sections and metal screws. Daksy, I picked up a tube of Rutland Black Latex direct vent sealant rated for 800 F. Is this sealant good to use or should I stick with the red RTV.

I hope you got silicone not latex.

Status
Not open for further replies.