Quad E2 Beeping??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LGTWhit

Sep 19, 2014
Ma.
Have a brand new Quad E2 and love the stove. Of course being a new stove owner, I'm learning something new everyday, but can't figure something out. Occasionally the stove will beep every 3-4 seconds and won't turn on in thermostat mode. First I placed the remote thermostat near my house thermostat in another room about 20 feet from the stove and worked fine but occasionally it seemed stove wouldn't communicate with remote and made beeping noises and failed to start up. I then moved the stat into same room as stove about 14-15 feet away last night and woke up to the same issue. On a side note, I could always turn stove on by switching stat to on mode, not thermo-on, which would tell me that it's not a distance issue. Anyone??

Last edited:
From what little I know,it sounds like something needs to be reset, or batteries. Check your owners manual. Time to call dealer if under warranty. kap

Is the beeping coming from the stove or the thermostat?

What model thermostat?

Coming from the stove and thermostat came with stove. I replaced batteries to see what happens....

Damn batteries in brand new digital wireless controller were the problem. I hope I don't have to replace batteries every two months! Hopefully just crappy batteries or was left on at the dealer.

This problem surfaces every fall as people forget to put new batteries in their thermostats. While it still has enough juice to light the display, it doesn't have enough to pull in the relay to complete the stove circuit. It happened to me last year.

Reactions: LGTWhit
Status
Not open for further replies.